• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have yet to try a founders beer I haven't enjoyed. Centennial IPA is good too

YoroiChuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437
I went to a store today and saw some Big John. It was $9.99. Didn't buy any. Kind of regret it.

Then i went to another store and saw this....... (see photo). Decided to spend my money on KBS.

Is Dirty Bastard worth buying? The store owner told me that they had to order 10 cases of Founders beer for every 1 case of KBS.

The Dirty Bastard is good but I like the Backwoods bastard a lot better.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^well so do i, but dirty bastard is available all year and backwoods is available only for a couple weeks.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to a store today and saw some Big John. It was $9.99. Didn't buy any. Kind of regret it.

Then i went to another store and saw this....... (see photo). Decided to spend my money on KBS.

Is Dirty Bastard worth buying? The store owner told me that they had to order 10 cases of Founders beer for every 1 case of KBS.

kbsinthewild.jpg

Wish I could walk into a store and see that! And I'm with you on spending my cash on the KBS instead. However, I did like Big John a lot as well, it was worth the $10 a bottle. I managed to get three but have since consumed them all, I just have too much of a thirst to start any sort of a cellar...besides it's next to impossible to build a cellar one bottle at a time
confused.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Finally tried the Cigar City Guava Ale last night. Not much of a guava man myself but there was something about this beer that made it enjoyable. Just barely though. Any more guava and it would have been disgusting.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Wish I could walk into a store and see that! And I'm with you on spending my cash on the KBS instead. However, I did like Big John a lot as well, it was worth the $10 a bottle. I managed to get three but have since consumed them all, I just have too much of a thirst to start any sort of a cellar...besides it's next to impossible to build a cellar one bottle at a time
confused.gif

I just might get 1 or 2 bottles of Big John tomorrow. There is 1 case left at the beer store that i go to. Do you know if Big John is better than Night Stalker stout? Is the taste similar? I see Night Stalker at a lot of stores in NYC.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gf picked this up for me.

2011-04-28-19-44-02-005.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just might get 1 or 2 bottles of Big John tomorrow. There is 1 case left at the beer store that i go to. Do you know if Big John is better than Night Stalker stout? Is the taste similar? I see Night Stalker at a lot of stores in NYC.

just buy the whole case and sit on some of it.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love them both. Big John is like Night Stalker but with more chocolate notes nicely blended in. It's a bit bigger at 11.5%

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
just buy the whole case and sit on some of it.

Good idea. If you buy a case of beer and want to sell some of it... how do you do it? Ebay?

I haven't ever sold or shipped beer before.

But I can get cases of KBS for a nice price. Not sure if it is worth the trouble to sell. My biggest issue is that I don't have any place to store a case. My storage place at home is already full of KBS (40+ bottles).

Big John would cost me about $9 per bottle so not worth trying to buy/sell.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ me?
laugh.gif
ebay can fetch some money and i think if put the disclaimer on it that you are selling the bottle and not the contents inside, you are OK. at least that is what every seller of beer i see if doing. not sure about Big John, but KBS sells. ship UPS or Fedex and bubble wrap the **** out of the bottles, bottom, etc. use tons of newspaper for filler. make some room and keep them though

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a few bottles of JW Lee's Harvest Ale from 2006 yesterday at the store. ******* $7 a bottle, but the beer nerd manager was raving about it, so whatever. Seems highly regarded on BA.

I also cleaned out their Kuhnhenn Barrel Aged 4D supply with a ******* swiftness never seen before.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a few bottles of JW Lee's Harvest Ale from 2006 yesterday at the store. ******* $7 a bottle, but the beer nerd manager was raving about it, so whatever. Seems highly regarded on BA.

I also cleaned out their Kuhnhenn Barrel Aged 4D supply with a ******* swiftness never seen before.

I have been looking around for the 4D. Very hard to find.

Thanks for the advice about shipping/selling. Going to check out the ebay auctions and see how that works.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a bottle of the 2011 Night Stalker can't wait to see how it compares to the 2010.
Also picked up a 4 pack of Old Rasputin.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
I have yet to try a founders beer I haven't enjoyed. Centennial IPA is good too

Just finished one of these as I was getting ready to go out. Great IPA.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads