• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Color and pattern coordination gets an A. Well done.
Pocket square needs help. Is that a cotton one? If so, how about graduating to a nice stiff linen and wear it with a simple puff and soft points.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
LazyFucks2.JPG

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1, I thought the same thing when I saw it.

Lets see more!

Originally Posted by edmorel
need to see a better pic of this coat, looks like it could be borderline spectacular.

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Armani's "thing"

That's it, thanks. I like 'em skinny, fitted, and sometimes billowy - just depends on the mood.

- M

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Cashmere...

5664787191_4e8ed1e7b5_z.jpg
5664788271_67aaae5a38_z.jpg
5664788723_631657e375_z.jpg

Who are you and what have you done with Spoozy?!?!?! All neutral tones! Holy crab cakes, what the hell is going on in this world...

All of that being said, I really like the fit and combination. That SC fabric is awesome.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
The green in the suit is more difficult to pari up then I'd imagined - especially since I tend overall to favor earth tones - which when matched with the suit become too earthy. I think white or blue shirt, navy raw silk tie, and mid brown suede shoes next time. I like your suggestions, but while I like white jeans on others - the look aint for me.
N, I like the suit, but how about making it more severe like white shirt (or pale pale blue) and black tie to take it out of the earth tone world?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
UprCrust,

Your new camera angle and pose are much more flattering. And I know I'm pretty late in mentioning it, but the eyewear frame change you made a while back was a colossal step forward too. You work a lot outside of my ideal color palette and in a lot harder finishes (shiny worsteds, flashy woven ties) than I prefer, but you certainly have an eye for that bold-dressy style.

Thanks for the compliments ctp. I fully realize that my color preferences are at variance with much of the SF groupthink/gemeinschaft, and I do prefer clear-finished worsteds to flannels, save for in the dead of winter (I'm not so sure that they're ALL shiny, my worsteds), but thanks for at least understanding my style (such as it is) for what it is.

The new glasses frames and the loss of the facial hair have made a very great impression on everyone, and for the vast majority it has been a vast improvement.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I could be enjoying a perfect spring day in New Orleans today, seeing Jeff Beck followed by Robert Plant at Jazz Fest while working a wonderful buzz...but I am not.

Instead, I am covering a lunch with client followed by a settlement conference at federal court for a poorly dressed, lazy ass motherfucker in my office, who intentionally created a scheduling conflict so he could get out of handling his own case.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Have a good one.

Mike

Your facial expression is consistent with what you wrote - you look pissed.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Needs more wrinkles.

I'd like to see that.

AGreed. The linen is still stiff and cant wait till it loosens over time.

Originally Posted by Parker
N, I like the suit, but how about making it more severe like white shirt (or pale pale blue) and black tie to take it out of the earth tone world?

Thanks Parker. I think the plain shirt is the way to go with the solid tie. I like the black idea - unfortunately, I only have a black cashmere tie and black satin - maybe a black grenadine is in order for me.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Thanks Parker. I think the plain shirt is the way to go with the solid tie. I like the black idea - unfortunately, I only have a black cashmere tie and black satin - maybe a black grenadine is in order for me.

Black silk knit would be good as well.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Changing decades today in some of my favourite stuff
Beetje laat, maar... gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!

Originally Posted by luftvier
5664185477_375919f1c7_b.jpg
[/center]

Other than the trouser length, this actually looks pretty good.

Originally Posted by ctp120
DSC_0895.jpg

Looks great. It is brown though, isn't it?

Originally Posted by Parker
prkr428a.jpg

You too.

Originally Posted by spoozy
5664787191_4e8ed1e7b5_z.jpg

Subtle (for you) and good.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw

A light blue gingham shirt with a plain navy or dark brown tie might work too.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Beetje laat, maar... gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!

Beter laat dan et cetera. Bedankt!

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual friday and it's finally warm enough to bring out the spring/summer colors. B/W shot is for those averse to color and it gives a better view (from eye level) of how the coat fits. Not nearly as pear-shaped as the color shot would have you believe.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Other than the trouser length, this actually looks pretty good.

Trousers are at the tailor right now getting hemmed to proper length and adding 1" cuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads