• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
i'm too cheap
ffffuuuu.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
i'm too cheap
ffffuuuu.gif

I know you are! What prices are you trying to get your willing to buy items for though haha. If you are looking to pay half retail prices for those items new, good luck on your journey. If you want the items for half or less than half retail, you'll have to settle on beat up or used goods man.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm a 44 or 45.... I've been told most likely 44, but just not sure. I think my arch is long? Not sure if that makes sense, but think that's what I've been told when measured.

Anyway, I usually am a true US 11.5 on left foot, right foot is a tiny bit smaller, but always got to buy for the bigger foot.

Anyway some examples of what I've worn in what sizes.

Sperry boat shoe/chukka 11.5

Nike running shoes/360 air max 12

Timberland boot company 11

John Varvatos Murray Wingtip Boot 11.5

John Varvatos Renwick Zip Boot 11

Ferragamo Dress shoes either 11 or 11.5

Rag & Bone Leather Trainers from few seasons back 45

I think the closest I have to the CP perf summer is the Rag & Bone trainers (I have the all white and all black) They are tagged 45, but not sure how they compare to cp sizing?

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
Yeah, white is what I was leaning towards. Is it just me, or is it a damn good looking shoe? I love the gum sole, and everything about it just looks right
Honestly, at retail prices they are overpriced... But if you can find them at around 250$ prices or lower they are a good buy - a solid all around sneaker with a great profile. Just feel lucky that you arent a size EU39 like myself, it is kind of hard to find them on sale or used at various forums. /EDIT With that being said, i would actually consider paying a very good price for Mid Tournament in Light Warm Grey size EU39, if anyone knows where it is possible to actually get them.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I know you are! What prices are you trying to get your willing to buy items for though haha. If you are looking to pay half retail prices for those items new, good luck on your journey. If you want the items for half or less than half retail, you'll have to settle on beat up or used goods man.

nah i'd probably pay 300 or so for them. i see them around that sometimes. if i want them enough i'll pay full price but i always feel bad when they pop up in my size. i kopped those W&H chinos from the other night.

i grew up with wealthy but extremely frugal parents so it kind of passed down. i can afford **** but i just don't want to pay for it. then i regret not buying it when it sells. like your bomber and everything else.
laugh.gif

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm a 44 or 45.... I've been told most likely 44, but just not sure. I think my arch is long? Not sure if that makes sense, but think that's what I've been told when measured.

Anyway, I usually am a true US 11.5 on left foot, right foot is a tiny bit smaller, but always got to buy for the bigger foot.

Anyway some examples of what I've worn in what sizes.

Sperry boat shoe/chukka 11.5

Nike running shoes/360 air max 12

Timberland boot company 11

John Varvatos Murray Wingtip Boot 11.5

John Varvatos Renwick Zip Boot 11

Ferragamo Dress shoes either 11 or 11.5

Rag & Bone Leather Trainers from few seasons back 45

I think the closest I have to the CP perf summer is the Rag & Bone trainers (I have the all white and all black) They are tagged 45, but not sure how they compare to cp sizing?

go for 44, I'm size 12 US and i'm in between size 44 and 45, annoying really

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
Honestly, at retail prices they are overpriced... But if you can find them at around 250$ prices or lower they are a good buy - a solid all around sneaker with a great profile.

Just feel lucky that you arent a size EU39 like myself, it is kind of hard to find them on sale or used at various forums.

Everything is overpriced at reatail for us SFers when it comes down to it. For items like the achilles that are a staple item in the CP collection and sell out in small sizes at many retailers before getting hitting sale times, sometimes you just have to do it if you really want it that badly.

But, sure, if you can wait and get lucky to find them cheaper then it's a win win. I waited to find a 41 plain white achilles low on sale for about 2 years now with no dice. I found other models on sale that were nice too, but they weren't the all white lows. I got tired of waiting and retail will likely keep climbing, so I decided to jump in and get what I wanted.

nah i'd probably pay 300 or so for them. i see them around that sometimes. if i want them enough i'll pay full price but i always feel bad when they pop up in my size. i kopped those W&H chinos from the other night.

i grew up with wealthy but extremely frugal parents so it kind of passed down. i can afford **** but i just don't want to pay for it. then i regret not buying it when it sells. like your bomber and everything else.
laugh.gif

Believe me, I understand. I'm frugal too and want the best deal, but sometimes it's worth it to get the item you really want now. Although you see things sell in the B&S new for cheaper prices, you can't confuse that or make that set the bar all the time for what something "should" sell for if that makes sense. Take those W+H chinos for instance, if they were a different color or if I had the navy in 31 and saw the khaki ones, I would have paid the current price while you were trying to PM him to bargain further and you would be stuck waiting another few months/year finding them since that size is selling out at this time most everywhere now.

norcal_indy

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm a 44 or 45.... I've been told most likely 44, but just not sure. I think my arch is long? Not sure if that makes sense, but think that's what I've been told when measured. Anyway, I usually am a true US 11.5 on left foot, right foot is a tiny bit smaller, but always got to buy for the bigger foot. Anyway some examples of what I've worn in what sizes. Sperry boat shoe/chukka 11.5 Nike running shoes/360 air max 12 Timberland boot company 11 John Varvatos Murray Wingtip Boot 11.5 John Varvatos Renwick Zip Boot 11 Ferragamo Dress shoes either 11 or 11.5 Rag & Bone Leather Trainers from few seasons back 45 I think the closest I have to the CP perf summer is the Rag & Bone trainers (I have the all white and all black) They are tagged 45, but not sure how they compare to cp sizing?
I'm about the same size as you and own both 44 and 45 CP Achilles. The 44 fits perfectly with no socks/liners but is too small to wear with thicker socks. The 45 is a bit big but wearable with no socks/liners but I prefer to wear the 45s with thicker socks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
madmadigan - 44 unless you have wide feet

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
aw man

how long do you think they'll stay at that price? i just bought a pair of aldens on B&S, don't know if i can kop those too!

nycxandy

Reaction score
aw man

how long do you think they'll stay at that price? i just bought a pair of aldens on B&S, don't know if i can kop those too!

Sale until May 4th.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
tempting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

should i do it?

are you from albany? lol i just moved from there. you go to college there?

lemonade soda

Reaction score
aw man

Better decide quick, someone took the 40's when I was halfway through checkout, doubt the others will last much longer
confused.gif
If you're not in the EU, you also get an additional €40 discount because of VAT.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads