• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
@Tonio dude I'm far too ******* Excited to get them, might be today if not tomorrow. Probably won't get a huge amount of use in S/S but definitely next fall, foooo never taking them off. Alden Long wings in Snuff and Duckie Bucks (whats left of them) are my footwear options this s/s.

I bet, they're fantastic, man, believe me, but yeah those boots are definitely fall/winter material though. Alden snuff chukkas, CPs, Rod Lavers all spring/summer for me.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue oxford faded denim navy blazer white chucks all day errday.

Yesss. This is sort of what i'm thinking too, need to find a few good oversized blazers.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I bet, they're fantastic, man, believe me, but yeah those boots are definitely fall/winter material though. Alden snuff chukkas, CPs, Rod Lavers all spring/summer for me.

It's really just the off-season for me. I'm happy in White Qlo Tee, junya jeans and vans, no need for more sometimes. Will definitely be doing the blue oxford heavy though.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i dont find purcells/chucks comfortable at all i just have a vision of green nbs, rolled chino shorts + my ugly required work tshirt (
ffffuuuu.gif
).

Have you tried insoles? I didn't like chucks either until I put in some of those 2-oz. Miracle footbeds. They're maybe $7 at any CVS. Also, are you working as a camp counselor for the summer? If so, sounds like you've got your uniform all laid out.
Originally Posted by BB1
Would you buy a hybrid car without an emblem on the rear proclaiming it's a hybrid? Would you buy a BMW that lacked a BMW logo? NB is no different. The giant "N" is a large part of the appeal. I believe you will find that most people enamored with NB are also lovers of cult-like brand names such as Apple, BMW, and Subaru.
These people also love the smell of their own farts.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i have a really high instep/lot of forefoot volume so insoles almost never work ****, i don't think NBs are that ugly. what is peoples beef with them? they're a chunky profile sneaker which looks good with tapered hems/rolled shorts. is it just that a lot of IT nerds where them? so what. i have a pair of GATs but they just aren't as comfy as my old ones. i had an awesome pair of paul smith sneakers which i totally trashed.. now they're gone
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
over the summer im on my feet 13 hours a day, and i want something that doesn't actually hurt to wear. i have 2 pairs of seavees but one is kinda trashed and one is brand new, and both are ******* agony sometimes. and no, im not a camp counselor, but close. i oversee part of my university's orientation program, which basically means i get to yell at undergraduate students and get yelled at by incoming freshmen parents
ffffuuuu.gif
ah the life of a grad student

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
Wow then my 3 emails seem pretty simple in comparison. Big ups to wrongweather, forum affiliate. They worked through the checkout hiccups and were quite generous.

I never had this issue before, but I guess Norse Store was too vague on the customs forms. They were asking if they were open toed, close toed, meant for work, recreational activity, asked if they had steel tips, or of they were constructed of a certain percentage of rubber, pvc, etc.
cloud.gif

It's really just the off-season for me. I'm happy in White Qlo Tee, junya jeans and vans, no need for more sometimes. Will definitely be doing the blue oxford heavy though.

I hear that. When it's 90 some degrees outside, I'm not thinking about styling on anyone, ****** is just trying to stay comfortable as I can.

i have a really high instep/lot of forefoot volume so insoles almost never work

****, i don't think NBs are that ugly. what is peoples beef with them? they're a chunky profile sneaker which looks good with tapered hems/rolled shorts. is it just that a lot of IT nerds where them? so what.

i have a pair of GATs but they just aren't as comfy as my old ones. i had an awesome pair of paul smith sneakers which i totally trashed.. now they're gone
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

over the summer im on my feet 13 hours a day, and i want something that doesn't actually hurt to wear. i have 2 pairs of seavees but one is kinda trashed and one is brand new, and both are ******* agony sometimes.

If you want the NBs, go for the NBs man. PF Flyers are pretty cheap and comfortable too, much more comofortable than Chucks. Rod Lavers are pretty nice for beaters too and you can get them on the cheap. I have a pair of the white perforated ones and they're getting rocked out this summer and pretty comfortable so far with slimmer than average profile for a sneaker.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow then my 3 emails seem pretty simple in comparison. Big ups to wrongweather, forum affiliate. They worked through the checkout hiccups and were quite generous.

When you get the package (which, ime, will be super fast,) check out their customs slip. It's insane. They actually do all of that stuff, including specifying the actual city in which the factories are located, etc... It's really impressive.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
i have a really high instep/lot of forefoot volume so insoles almost never work ****, i don't think NBs are that ugly. what is peoples beef with them?
That sounds like you're pretty much a camp counselor. I think there are a few issues with NBs: a) Most of them look like athletic shoes (rather than casual sneakers), maybe walking shoes at best, and athletic shoes look tech-y and ugly. b) The N is really, really jarring as far as branding goes. The Nike swoosh, the Asics thingamajigger, &c. all blend into the contours of the shoe, or at least they can. The New Balance N practically jumps off the shoe and starts clawing at your eye sockets with its sheer, unbridled ugliness. c) In spite of (a) and (b), people seem to think they're cool, which makes them even worse. Also, I have ridiculously high arches, and the footbeds still work pretty well for me. The top of my foot sticks up enough above the arch that I almost never wear low-tops because I can't stand the laces pressing down on that part of my foot (ergo I have to tighten my shoes at the base of the ankle).

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
When you get the package (which, ime, will be super fast,) check out their customs slip. It's insane. They actually do all of that stuff, including specifying the actual city in which the factories are located, etc... It's really impressive.

The fedex email included a pdf scan of the customs slip which listed everything but the maiden name of factory owner's mother. Superfast indeed, supposed to get here Monday from Portugal. It took longer to receive a package from Kentucky. Joao is a cool guy no doubt.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
The fedex email included a pdf scan of the customs slip which listed everything but the maiden name of factory owner's mother. Superfast indeed, supposed to get here Monday from Portugal. It took longer to receive a package from Kentucky. Joao is a cool guy no doubt.

lulz

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
LOL @ camp counselor, should be Teg's new header.

Just get the NBs man they're nice.

I don't believe in debadging cars, opposite of my clothing ideals.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
debadging cars is opposite of how you guys are explaining it. The only people who debadge their cars irl are douchebags who have a shittier model but take the series badges off, i.e 323 passed of ass a 330 or a C230 passed as a C350. I also see it a lot with the E320s being passed off as E500s (last gen)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sweetseymourskinnersbaadassssssong4.png

"Dear Lord! They took the H! But that's how you know it's a Honda!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics