• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

gwolf

Reaction score
testing out terre d'hermes in really humid weather today.

btw any recs, aside from the caron puh and jicky, for a simple lavender?

not that i don't like the 2 mentioned. i've never seen them in a store. will probably hunt one down overseas and buy blind and wear for a few months to see whether i actually like them..

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
Tried Santal Noble last night, another knockout sandalwood. A little bit of vanilla in it keeps it from being too dry. Had some alcohol and coffee notes in the opening that, combined with the vanilla, reminded me of Kahlua. But that disappeared pretty quickly and left a gourgeous smooth sandalwood. Looks like it might be hard to find a bottle of this.
nice stuff huh? Apparently the vintage juice is much better, not that the new stuff is bad per se.
Originally Posted by gwolf
well, there's always Le Male... vanilla and lavender. Czech & Speake - Oxford and Cambridge is a minty peppery fresh short lived lavender. only 100ml bottles, but there might be interest in doing a split if you pick one up. If you email the company they will send you a free set of samples of the whole line, just cover the $5 shipping.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

not that i don't like the 2 mentioned. i've never seen them in a store. will probably hunt one down overseas and buy blind and wear for a few months to see whether i actually like them..

I'd suggest Antiheros. (Etat Libre d'Orange) It's a very straightforward lavender--much, much less complex than Jicky. That said, Jicky is truly wonderful!

I'm wearing New Haarlem today.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nancy Boy Signature Scent Body Spray - Lavender, Peppermint, and Rosemary. I really, really like it. Good price as well. You have to mail order it, unfortunately. http://www.nancyboy.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=152 Gendarme 20 - This one is surgery room clean lavender. I've seen this on the shelves at Bloomingdales. If you want the smell of fresh linen, this is it.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
nice stuff huh? Apparently the vintage juice is much better.

Seems like that is always the case with fragrence! This is one where tracking down a vintage bottle might be worth the effort.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Nancy Boy Signature Scent Body Spray - Lavender, Peppermint, and Rosemary. I really, really like it. Good price as well. You have to mail order it, unfortunately. http://www.nancyboy.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=152

Gendarme 20 - This one is surgery room clean lavender. I've seen this on the shelves at Bloomingdales. If you want the smell of fresh linen, this is it.

Both look very interesting. May have to try G20.

gwolf

Reaction score
well, there's always Le Male... vanilla and lavender.
i love le male.. how far is it though to the pour un homme and jicky? they're both lavender vanilla frags.
Gendarme 20 - This one is surgery room clean lavender. I've seen this on the shelves at Bloomingdales. If you want the smell of fresh linen, this is it.
i was just at the gendarme counter and they didn't stock it. saw gendarme original, sky, V. i've been looking into these.. l'occitane l'occitan
7.05876895707E+13.jpg
acca kappa blue lavender
21zcXKigLVL.jpg
and whatever crabtree and evelyn replaced their lavender water with..

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
Both look very interesting. May have to try G20.

I like it a lot. It's a one note show, but what a note.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
cool water. amazing how this has such great longevity.
That and price are the two reasons I'd take it over GIT. SoTD = Aventus

Dane

Reaction score
i love le male.. how far is it though to the pour un homme and jicky? they're both lavender vanilla frags.

i was just at the gendarme counter and they didn't stock it. saw gendarme original, sky, V.

i've been looking into these..

l'occitane l'occitan

acca kappa blue lavender

and whatever crabtree and evelyn replaced their lavender water with..

Etat Libre's Antiheros is my fav lavender...but Caldey Island is a close 2nd for its simplicity (and low cost).

Dia Man for me today.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I think this thread needs to be referenced: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=240583&page=3

Thanks for sharing.

I was trying to think of something to wear that relates to the royal wedding. All I could come up with was Penhaligon's English Fern from my sample box. Soapy fougere, but wearing it anyway. Meh.

Speaking of sample box, what about organizing a sample box pass around? Pretty sure that has been done here before? I was thinking everyone that wants to participate sends me minimum 5 samples they want to share. Everyone that contributes goes on the list. I publish the list, collect everything and send it to the first person. Everybody gets to keep the box for like a week (or two?), then sends it on. Any interest in this little project?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics