• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
A rare miss from you today, N.

laugh.gif
I sensed it was a fail, but wanted to wear this shirt to add some color today as it is the first day of sun here in months. We've had more rainfall this month than any other month recorded history.
ffffuuuu.gif
Would you suggest losing the tie or just burning the shirt?

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I could be enjoying a perfect spring day in New Orleans today, seeing Jeff Beck followed by Robert Plant at Jazz Fest while working a wonderful buzz...but I am not.

ffffuuuu.gif
That sucks, Mike. Today's look is a home run - love it.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
laugh.gif
I sensed it was a fail, but wanted to wear this shirt to add some color today as it is the first day of sun here in months. We've had more rainfall this month than any other month recorded history.
ffffuuuu.gif
Would you suggest losing the tie or just burning the shirt?

Each of the elements on their own aren't bad (even the shirt), it's just the combination.

That shirt could look decent on its own with some white jeans and stone/sand chukkas.

ctp120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Was you saying the jacket and tie are actually blue a joke or something? Because they look 100% brown on my laptop monitor and my phones screen. Either your camera has gone insane or my sarcasm meter is busted. Nice look either way. I think a different tie like a grenadine and a more interesting square would've knocked this one out the park.
Originally Posted by JamesGatz
I also complimented the man for rocking great browns lately. Glad it's not just my eyes playing tricks...
They are in fact navy. The lighting is really yellow. Sometimes I remember to adjust the tint, sometimes not. I'm a pretty lousy photographer, and I can't blame it on the equipment really. The camera/lens are actually pretty nice. Old detail shot of the same coat with another shirt that better represents color:
DSC_0847.jpg

ctp120

Reaction score
CBDamned today. Yep, a SC with denim
peepwall[1].gif
Shoe polish build-up needs to be dealt with too, but today's a casual day, so a mirror shine wouldn't be quite right anyways.

DSC_0906.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Each of the elements on their own aren't bad (even the shirt), it's just the combination.

That shirt could look decent on its own with some white jeans and stone/sand chukkas.

The green in the suit is more difficult to pari up then I'd imagined - especially since I tend overall to favor earth tones - which when matched with the suit become too earthy. I think white or blue shirt, navy raw silk tie, and mid brown suede shoes next time.

I like your suggestions, but while I like white jeans on others - the look aint for me.

poissa

Reaction score
ctp,

balling SC.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Hate away. Suit is green linen

S1rxV.jpg

weSAY.jpg

Needs more wrinkles.

Originally Posted by ndw
The green in the suit is more difficult to pari up then I'd imagined - especially since I tend overall to favor earth tones - which when matched with the suit become too earthy. I think white or blue shirt, navy raw silk tie, and mid brown suede shoes next time.

I'd like to see that.

ctp120

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who's commented on my last few pics. I appreciate the feedback. I feel derelict in contributing meaningful feedback to others, something I hope to start remedying. I'll start here with a few things I've been thinking for a while now but haven't mentioned.

UprCrust,

Your new camera angle and pose are much more flattering. And I know I'm pretty late in mentioning it, but the eyewear frame change you made a while back was a colossal step forward too. You work a lot outside of my ideal color palette and in a lot harder finishes (shiny worsteds, flashy woven ties) than I prefer, but you certainly have an eye for that bold-dressy style.

MBreinen,

FWIW, I think keeping your head in the pic helps give perspective on your build in a way that's much more flattering. Great shade of blue/navy on the most recent suit too. You post consistently good suiting looks, and I like how you manage to give a New Orleans flavor to your style while still transcending any restrictive deep-south regionalism by adding in lots of Italian flair.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The HKG humidity & the rain is killing me.. Sheesh, I'm in SIN next week then KL & then SHG..
110429072.jpg
12 hours in the saddle & schlepping in the rain.. Not advisable..
110429073.jpg

ctp120

Reaction score
^^Outstanding tie. Like the new color on camera strap, too.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally, a solid blue shirt. Spoo, looking good!

Very nice job coordinating the colors and patterns. One of your best.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Finally a nice day in NY.
91407b70.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads