• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
I've been trying to use Holdfast's idea of having a concept. Today's was Strawberry creme truffle.
What have I started...?
laugh.gif
Actually, looks pretty good, and if it helps shake off your lingering doubts about the goatee, I'm going to add to the chorus saying you look much better without it. I don't object to facial hair per se, but the goatee you had was a bit dated in appearance.
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
...clearly I need either a new camera or a new monitor ...
Part of it is the lighting, I think, but given how many people are noticing difference, it may be the monitor too. Have you tried calibrating the monitor at least with some of the freebie software out there? I seem to recall using Adobe Gamma a while back and after some futzing around, it really did make the screen look better.
Originally Posted by NOBD
X6veQ.jpg

Just today I was tempted by a linen scarf, and then figured I'd never wear it. You wear it well, but I'm still not entirely sold of the core concept, at least for me. By the way, happy birthday!
Originally Posted by luftvier
[*] Unsure whether worth keeping for the fun factor or should give away.
It looks a LOT of fun. My vote would be to keep, unless you have a similar item already. Having something frivolous at the back of your wardrobe that you hardly ever wear is good for the soul!
smile.gif
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Time for red.
That's a lot of red! In conjunction with the blazer and crested tie, it gives off a vaguely regimental air. Not sure if that's what you were going for or not. Certainly smart. I couldn't wear that shade of fire-engine red though! My recent run of leery outfits continues... Misjudged the weather today though; it was pretty cool despite the sunshine around lunchtime as I was heading out, so thought I'd wear this flannel for one of the last times until autumn. It was OK over lunch, even sitting outside in the sun, but by mid-afternoon, and walking around town, things were starting to get a bit hot under the collar!
smile.gif

jOwX7.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Just today I was tempted by a linen scarf, and then figured I'd never wear it. You wear it well, but I'm still not entirely sold of the core concept, at least for me. By the way, happy birthday!

Thank you, Holdfast. Turned 40 today. My "concept" is of practical nature: convenient for chilly spring and summer mornings (when I bring the little one to school on my bicycle).

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you, Holdfast. Turned 40 today. My "concept" is of practical nature: convenient for chilly spring and summer mornings (when I bring the little one to school on my bicycle).
I meant more the choice of knot/fold rather than wearing the scarf per se. But either way the scarf is certainly a wiser solution tham the misjudgment I made with wearing flannel on a cool start to the day that turned hot by later! (I believe that particular age milestone doesn't actually exist. One stays 39 ad infinitum, right?
biggrin.gif
)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I meant more the choice of knot/fold rather than wearing the scarf per se. But either way the scarf is certainly a wiser solution tham the misjudgment I made with wearing flannel on a cool start to the day that turned hot by later!

Ah, I'm sorry, misunderstood that.

smile.gif
, and I thought I misjudged the weather with my springy outfit, but I got lucky.

(I believe that particular age milestone doesn't actually exist. One stays 39 ad infinitum, right?
biggrin.gif
)

(Right! More like 17 for me...)

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
This pic illustrates exactly why I used to crop my head. But, ya'll wanted head shots, so you get them...complete with me in the middle of a blink.

Time for red.

Have a good one,

Mike

SeeingRed1.JPG

SeeingRed2.JPG

YEEEEOW Batman!!!!

IsteRed

Reaction score

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Changing decades today.

Happy b-day, NOBD. Looking good.

Summer loafin' today.

prkr428a.jpg

prkr428b.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X6veQ.jpg

I know this is a strange thing to focus on, but I love those socks with that outfit. Are they royal blue, or is that my monitor playing tricks on me?

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Thrifted.
teacha.gif

You bastard! I should have known.
devil.gif

I seem to recall using Adobe Gamma a while back and after some futzing around, it really did make the screen look better.
I'll look into it, HF. Does one have to know anything about color and/or photography in order to use Gamma, though? If so, I'm screwed.

Bentley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
SPOOmpa Loompa oompa de do
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
SPOOmpa Loompa oompa de de
If you are a wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you wear purple cord
Flitting around like the Chairman of the Board
What do you do when you don such a hue
Who do you think you are, you're Spoo!

SPOOmpa Loompa oompa de dah
If you wear purple you will go far
You will bed scores of loose women too
Like the SPOOmpa Loompa doompa de do

SPOOmpa De Do!

Saw this on ebay the other day.

Thought you and Spoo might be interested...hope I haven't started a bidding war.
tounge.gif

20050829_wonka_coat.jpg

REDBALLS BURGUNDY WILLY WONKA COAT SIZE 42 JOHNNY DEPP

Item condition: New with tags

Quantity: More than 10 available

Price: US $119.00
or
Best Offer

Item specifics
Condition: New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as the original box or bag) and/or with the original tags attached.

Style: Three Button

Main Color: Burgundy Jacket Size: 42

Brand: REDBALLS ON FIRE LONDON Jacket Length: Long

Lined: FULLY LINED Material: Cotton

Here's the ebay link. Happy bidding.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/REDBALLS-BURGUNDY...item3361b1feed

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Happy b-day, NOBD. Looking good.

Summer loafin' today.

prkr428a.jpg

prkr428b.jpg

Thanks, Parker! Looking good yourself.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I know this is a strange thing to focus on, but I love those socks with that outfit. Are they royal blue, or is that my monitor playing tricks on me?

I don't know if it's royal blue, but it's a nice and deep blue. I think Pantherella calls it Dark Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads