• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 925
one destination complete
sly.gif

20110426_45802e3f55b7678013f4iLKUQsIRwIq3.jpg

Li'l jealous over here.

marg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 925
one destination complete
sly.gif

20110426_45802e3f55b7678013f4iLKUQsIRwIq3.jpg

Citishoes? I wish the color was as versatile as the #8. I find myself picking out what my outfit around the fact that I want to wear the whiskey.

I bought my whiskey longwings a few weeks ago, and they are breaking in nicely. I really like how the white stuff from the initial creasing isn't as noticeable as with the #8.

Enjoy your shoes!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
925 - can you give us any more pics of those?

Thanks!

Geoff

what would you like to see?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marg
Citishoes? I wish the color was as versatile as the #8. I find myself picking out what my outfit around the fact that I want to wear the whiskey.

I bought my whiskey longwings a few weeks ago, and they are breaking in nicely. I really like how the white stuff from the initial creasing isn't as noticeable as with the #8.

Enjoy your shoes!

i wore mine first time today, really really nice i have to say
marchal.gif

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
After a fair amount of bitching about how LHS don't fit me because of my high instep, I bought a vamp raiser. It did the trick, and they're as comfortable as can be.

Ravello LHS today.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
After a fair amount of bitching about how LHS don't fit me because of my high instep, I bought a vamp raiser. It did the trick, and they're as comfortable as can be.

Ravello LHS today.

High insteps created the same problem for me - I've never resorted to buying heavy equipment like a "vamp raiser", I've just brought all of mine to Brooks Shoe Service here in Chicago (plug - great shoe repair shop).

But, over time the stitching in the LHS across the instep invariably comes undone. I've owned the LHS in many shell colors over the years and I've finally come to the realization that the shoe is not made for my foot. Still have a pair of Ravello and a pair of Whiskey but as these wear out they won't be replaced.

rick

Reaction score
just bought the six eyelet chukka from tom at LSW will post pics when i get them.

kit99bar

Reaction score
The gorgeous evo pics of the #8 has convinced me to join the great Alden crew with a #8 chukka in the Barrie last. I'm torn between a size 8 or 7.5 and was hoping for feedback before I pull the trigger.
My feet are shorter but wideish. I wear:
- Chucks: 8
- Clarks DB: 8
- Wolverine 1k mile: 8
- Redwing GT: 7.5

Thanks for any feedback!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kit99bar
The gorgeous evo pics of the #8 has convinced me to join the great Alden crew with a #8 chukka in the Barrie last. I'm torn between a size 8 or 7.5 and was hoping for feedback before I pull the trigger.
My feet are shorter but wideish. I wear:
- Chucks: 8
- Clarks DB: 8
- Wolverine 1k mile: 8
- Redwing GT: 7.5

Thanks for any feedback!

Here are my sizes:

Clarks DB: 8.5D
Red Wing GT: 8.5D
Alden Barrie: 8.5D

I could probably get away with something smaller in the DBs or GTs, though I'm not 100% sure. You're probably closer to a 7.5 in the Barrie last.

Hope this helps!

- K

Sigurd

Reaction score
Another question about sizing. I would want to hear your suggestion for size on the Alden longwings on a Barrie last. In British sizes, I am a consistent 9,5 (Crockett & Jones etc) and I also have an Indy boot by Alden on a TruBalance last in 9,5D, as it is supposed to run half a size bigger than ordinary American sizes. Would I, then, also be a 9,5 in the longwings?

Thanks
Sigurd

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sigurd
Another question about sizing. I would want to hear your suggestion for size on the Alden longwings on a Barrie last. In British sizes, I am a consistent 9,5 (Crockett & Jones etc) and I also have an Indy boot by Alden on a TruBalance last in 9,5D, as it is supposed to run half a size bigger than ordinary American sizes. Would I, then, also be a 9,5 in the longwings?

Thanks
Sigurd

This should help. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads