• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ulnar Nerve problems

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Anyone ever had problems with their ulnar nerve? I got a new office chair with hard arm rests and over the past two weeks I was evidently resting my elbow on it a lot and agitated something down in my elbow. My pinky and ring finger went slightly numb/tingly and it's been two weeks of very gradual but noticeable improvement. I've barely used my arm at all since then and I've let it heal while taking moderate doses of ibuprofen. How important is it to see a doctor if it's only slightly numb after 10 days or so? Anyone know the timeline for these injuries from experience?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Anyone ever had problems with their ulnar nerve? I got a new office chair with hard arm rests and over the past two weeks I was evidently resting my elbow on it a lot and agitated something down in my elbow. My pinky and ring finger went slightly numb/tingly and it's been two weeks of very gradual but noticeable improvement. I've barely used my arm at all since then and I've let it heal while taking moderate doses of ibuprofen. How important is it to see a doctor if it's only slightly numb after 10 days or so? Anyone know the timeline for these injuries from experience?

See a doctor immediately. Any circulation/nerve problems need to be treated professionally. You may have carpal tunnel / a nerve issue / a blood clot.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carpal tunnel is for the other three fingers.

I may not be a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carpal tunnel is for the other three fingers.
true, but this screams of the type of repetitive stress that similarly causes nerve damage like carpel tunnel only this time to your medial aspect of your arm. you already know its the new chair. honestly just get rid of it and find something else. it will only worsen the problem. sometimes the most ergonomic of chairs still will cause problems to the individual. ulnar problems are weird because they can lead to other problems in the shoulder. i've seen guys with locked shoulder syndrome (which can be excruciatingly painful and embarrassing because you it just spasms randomly) that started with problems with numbness/ in their medial arm from typing/using a mouse the whole day. Its a good idea go ahead and visit a doctor, and mention the chair, he'll probably just do a quick neuro exam and then prescribe vitamin B complexes and maybe some PT (which I know sounds overboard but thats probably what will happen). At least you'll learn how to stretch it out by a professional.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads