• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stra.jpg
[/quote]

Looks delicious. Approved.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mktitsworth, good call on losing the goatee.

Jacket is much better than your others, but I still see some shoulder divots.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
inlove.gif
the PS, TB... really nice outfit today, TB - as always...

Thanks, Tom.

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
@ Threadbearer - I see you finally got your green grenadine. Did you go for Kent Wang or Hober? Great look today if a bit autumnal!
Hadn't thought about the seasonality of the combo, Ian, but I see now that you're right. The tie is from Kent Wang, and it's my new favorite.
inlove.gif

KWGreenGrenadine.jpg

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
22a1ea83.jpg

Looks like someone's got a leopard in his pocket!

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Green/Grey is a great combo (so's green/navy). Nice to see it getting some love.
Our monitors appear to be at odds, HF. The suit is brown in real life (and on my monitor), and the PS is mauve. Here it is again:

Closeup-13.jpg

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Hmmmmm, I like very much the (peach?) Paisley PS. Not sure I can see matching this wonderful e green tie with this suit.
Another monitor issue, it seems. The PS is actually mauve, cp, not peach, and as I told HF, the suit is really brown. Does that change your opinion about whether or not the dark green tie is a good match?

Originally Posted by DaBatMan
Awesome TB. I've been loving the green and gray go together recently. Must be a phase that I'm going through. In any event great job on today's fit.
Thanks, DBM, but clearly I need either a new camera or a new monitor ... or both. The suit is brown, not gray.

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
DSCF7684.jpg

Looks like that jacket fits you perfectly. OTR, MTM, bespoke?

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Warm and VERY muggy today, no A/C, nor jacket or tie.
Yeah, I'm in the same situation, Rob. I went to work in khakis and a polo shirt yesterday. Hated looking like everybody else.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Digmenow
Took this for ThreadBearer... FIHX2
IMG_20110427_090141.jpg

That tie is MUCH more interesting up close than at a distance, Dig. Didn't see any texture until you got in really close with the camera. I like it! The knot could use some work, though, and I'm not even sure a double FIH is the best choice for that tie. Thick, textured ties often don't make very good doubles.

Originally Posted by mktitsworth
5663016623_5da80a0a0b_z.jpg

You know what they say in real estate, titsworth: Location, location, location.
laugh.gif

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
IMG_20110427_090141.jpg

The light is hitting the gunboats wrong. They are not cloudy. The shine is uniform and consistent with the side pieces.

IMG_20110427_085550.jpg

That tie looks cheap for a Barbera. It was in the thrift bin for a reason.
peepwall[1].gif

Also, wouldn't consider those gunboats. Those are sleek balmoral brogues. "Gunboats" are chunky longwings bluchers. Like the Alden ones Mafoofan wears. Florsheim (Veblen, Kenmoor) and Allen Edmonds (MacNeil) also make gunboats.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
First fit I've gotten to put together in weeks at the end of a 16 hour day.

Major, major improvements!! Great fitting jacket. And congrats on your victory. Deets on that watch? Looks like a contender.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Changing decades today in some of my favourite stuff

X6veQ.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There will be thunderstorms in NYC by the afternoon, so today's fit was chosen with "what's next to the dry cleaner's" in mind.

FWIW, and have at it, fellow posters . . .

IMGP0470496x1280.jpg

IMGP0471722x1280.jpg

IMGP0469851x1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads