• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to Europe

runsurfswim

Reaction score
I'm going to Europe for a Law School summer school. It'll be a few weeks, so I will have a few weeks to make my stay there legitimate(i.e. so law firms take me seriously 2L year).

Does anyone have advice? I'm assuming that a forum tailored to, well, tailoring will have a few users who would have good advice for me.

Thank you.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
a few weeks isn't legitimate, it's a bus tour, two caberet shows and a group photo opp.

Have fun.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are 45 countries in Europe. Maybe you should look at which one you're being sent to and come back to us?

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
There are 45 countries in Europe. Maybe you should look at which one you're being sent to and come back to us?

he could have said "let's meet on top of the moon" ..

runsurfswim

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm gonna be in the Netherlands, but I figured that getting around Europe with the Railpass was easy.

My fear is that law firms will think I didn't take this summer seriously, so my goal is to find something to do. I've heard that law firms in England do two-week deals. Is this true?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
lol. No one is going to hate you for spending 14 days on a train in Europe man.

JhwkMac

Reaction score
Find a seminar or two to go to. It's something that you can say was a unique, concrete learning experience and should only take a few days. That way you can say you went for the learning experience, you stayed to 'explore the current state of law practice in European countries.'

supercarl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
lol. No one is going to hate you for spending 14 days on a train in Europe man.
What he said.

I'd just add that most "Europeans" are proud of their own country. Spending a couple of weeks in Holland and getting to know the country could be a wise use of your time...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
If you're already saying sorry for taking two weeks off you'll be licking ass in corporate america in no time, don't worry.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get stoned, visit the red light district (or whats left of it) and see some tulips. Seems like everybody else is doing that..

just visit some museums, brussels and antwerp are doable by train in a few hours, as is dusseldorf.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runsurfswim
Hey Guys,

I'm gonna be in the Netherlands, but I figured that getting around Europe with the Railpass was easy.

Ya just like doing a daytrip from NY to LA.

With two weeks either stay put. Or become a student of train stations.

If you really want to travel around look up Easyjet,Ryanair etc. Likely end up cheaper then Railpass. Then you can spend your time learning all the out of the way airports and the bus lines leading into town.

runsurfswim

Reaction score
Anyway, I had a blast. Prague was amazing, and the Yellow Bar in Rome is a great way to meet other travelers. Went to the Tour De France and got a visitor's pass to see the busses and saw the Normandy beaches.

In Holland, 's-HertogenBosh has a cool set of canals that goes under the city, Rotterdam has cool architecture, and the beach up there is nice to drink at.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads