• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ That's a beautiful watch!

Indra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Saw this for A$650 the other day... would be very tempted with a further discount but that would have inevitably meant another watch, which I don't need......

LonginesConquest5.jpg

Mind letting us in on where you saw this beauty?

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it in a generic jewellery store chain in Sydney funnily enough; it's a modern re-issue piece. Also comes with a black dial.

For the Aussies out there the sticker price was $650 at Angus & Coote (I think).... you could probably negotiate a 20-30% discount on top of that. But like I said, I need another watch like a hole in the head at the moment.....

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like quite a bargain, considering how most Longines Conquest pieces are usually USD $2-3k on average.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Bargain indeed! I'm almost tempted to hunt it down myself!!
You and me both.
laugh.gif
But considering that it is in the backwaters of Aus, do you think I should watch out for crocodiles?

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sydney, hardly a backwater. I'm in Sydney right now (at work) typing this. Like the Prince of Paisley, I need a new watch like a hole in the head, but...

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Sydney, hardly a backwater. I'm in Sydney right now (at work) typing this. Like the Prince of Paisley, I need a new watch like a hole in the head, but...

Yes, but I'm going by the quality of your cricket team, you understand?

lwkeung

Reaction score
Hello! I have a Timex Camper and wanted to know whether or not a NATO or zulu strap would fit on it. I am worried that I can loop the strap behind the watch. Thanks!
1043852-p-DETAILED.jpg

tsacain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lwkeung
Hello! I have a Timex Camper and wanted to know whether or not a NATO or zulu strap would fit on it. I am worried that I can loop the strap behind the watch. Thanks!

1043852-p-DETAILED.jpg

You are good. Just make sure the strap is the right width.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DJackson

Reaction score
This is my current infatuation. It's a German watch, Stowa... sorry for the cruddy back. I need to add this to the list of spring cleaning.
164.jpg
166.jpg
165.jpg
And I know it's not necessarily a cheap watch but it's not a rich man's watch either. I consider it a certified steal for the price so sue me. Yikes sorry for the big picutres

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads