• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wjk "extra heavy jersey" hooded parka

I always liked this particular model but held off since paying so much for a hoodie seemed crazy. But nicelynice claimed the fabric quality was on the level of MA+ so I'm giving it a chance. Dude, you'd better be right! (I still haven't received it yet).

wjk_hoodie1.jpg

wjk_hoodie2.jpg

wjk_hoodie3.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
four pictures of pants sitting on the floor take fit pics!!
sure. i will take some of these after they come back from the tailor.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pickup! Seriously, don't even think of it as a hoodie, think of it as a heavy jersey jacket.
Ridiculous piece

AW10, right?

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
Grey Herringbone Denim with Exposed Purple Selvage. Last pic is not cuffed.

what the **** where are you finding this ****

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you were the dude that went over his home to try it out the rider, **** you I wanted that...
devil.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had those grey Cloaks too, forgot about that. They were awesome

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Nice pickup! Seriously, don't even think of it as a hoodie, think of it as a heavy jersey jacket. Ridiculous piece AW10, right?
I am assuming the fabric is similar to the wjk "extra heavy jersey" hat which I recently bought. If so, the fabric feels like an thick soft denim with a lot of texture and far more stiffness than what you'd find on any "normal" cotton hoodie. I like hoodies, but hate how they can easily look slovenly. So I'm hoping the heavy fabric texture will provide more shape, similar to a jacket. From what you described before, it sounded like this is indeed the case. I believe it's the new version for SS11 since zozo and another store recently listed it on their site as a "new" item. They have made this style for several seasons, so it's a reasonable assumption. However part of me wonders if it's really just old stock from AW10 that wjk recently provided to a few stores. Is this a common practice?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
what the **** where are you finding this ****
Acne Studios by Opening Ceremony No. 10 Greene Street New York, NY Even the phone # on the bag matches that of Acne Studios. What's the relationship between Opening Ceremony and this defunct label? Or is that bag the equivalent of how some independent stores selling home electronics might place "Sony" and "JVC" logos on their bags in a lame attempt to bolster their store's credibility?

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Acne Studios by Opening Ceremony
No. 10 Greene Street
New York, NY

Even the phone # on the bag matches that of Acne Studios. What's the relationship between Opening Ceremony and this defunct label?

Or is that bag the equivalent of how some independent stores selling home electronics might place "Sony" and "JVC" logos on their bags in a lame attempt to bolster their store's credibility?

The Cloak store used to be where the Acne store is now. Its an old bag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads