• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
dig,

If you are half as good-natured IRL as you come across on this forum, you're one helluva good dude.

Ask any of my neighbors. They'll tell ya...!

1.1266710729.alcatraz-cell-block.jpg

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Ask any of my neighbors. They'll tell ya...!

1.1266710729.alcatraz-cell-block.jpg

i like how you guys have accentuated the verticality of the space with those bars, and with those strong horizontal lines providing a certainly insouciant rhythm to the architecture.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bought two ties today; Hermes and Battistoni
I listed them on Ebay as a pair. Not sure how
old they are because the are only about 3 inches
wide.

Wolfador

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wolfador
Got a BB Brookease pinstripe suit (size 38) and a BB Sportcoat (size 43L)

Nothing for me though
uhoh.gif

adding pics (I measured the suit it and figures to be a 38/39.
Suit:
IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

SC:
IMG_0792_2.jpg

IMG_0793_2.jpg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day of FAIL today. Found a decent pair of brown Zegna Napoli Couture loafers but are a size 8.5
ffffuuuu.gif
Also found a MINT 3 btn single breasted, peak label Oxxford suit. Very recent. Side vented. Boy did my heart sink when I found that they matched up a pair of Perry Ellis pants to this! Original pants nowhere to be found. They're not even the same color, let alone the same pattern.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Also found a MINT 3 btn single breasted, peak label Oxxford suit. Very recent. Side vented. Boy did my heart sink when I found that they matched up a pair of Perry Ellis pants to this! Original pants nowhere to be found. They're not even the same color, let alone the same pattern.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not come within one mile of any thrift store locations known to me today.

Not sure what this fact has to do with anything so...

...here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head.
bunny_pancake1.jpg

951socal

Reaction score
I was about to ask you guys about henry poole and co on saville row, but on TV some story about the wedding in london started talking about the bespoke uniforms of the guards walking in it.

Quesion anwered!

EBTX66

Reaction score
Day of FAIL today.

Found a decent pair of brown Zegna Napoli Couture loafers but are a size 8.5
ffffuuuu.gif

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

At least you caught your mistake. I bought a Hickey-Freeman suit one time that had mis-matched pants but they were so close that I didn't notice until I got it home and in decent lighting. Some of the best stores around here have no dressing rooms or they have one and the lady ahead of me has a shopping cart full of stuff to try on. Luckily, I was only out $5.99.

PS - I've received all of the stuff you sent and it is amazing. The Kuhlman coat is making it's debut this Sunday. You rock! - though my wife saw a $160 dollar credit card charge to someone name "Nataku" and immediately assumed I had visited a message parlor
laugh.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBTX66

PS - I've received all of the stuff you sent and it is amazing. The Kuhlman coat is making it's debut this Sunday. You rock! - though my wife saw a $160 dollar credit card charge to someone name "Nataku" and immediately assumed I had visited a message parlor
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Glad you like all of it and also glad that your clothing purchases from me will go reletively unnoticed by your wife!

csoukoulis

Reaction score
At least you caught your mistake. I bought a Hickey-Freeman suit one time that had mis-matched pants but they were so close that I didn't notice until I got it home and in decent lighting. Some of the best stores around here have no dressing rooms or they have one and the lady ahead of me has a shopping cart full of stuff to try on. Luckily, I was only out $5.99.

laugh.gif

Yea Kuhlman stuff is cool. I found a few dress shirts in our size, but don't really wear them much.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Indeed. It may have worked for you too, it is a 46 L. I grabbed the jacket anyway to fill a void as it's the nicest thing I've come across in awhile and it could possibly work as a sportcoat.

****!

PS i have pics of those billy reid & loro piana shirts coming your way soon.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

laugh.gif

funny story couple of weeks back this woman answered one of my furniture ads on CL for a teak coffee table and asked me if i could deliver it for an extra $20 so i said sure why not.
so i get to the adress and walk in,but theres nobody there.it looked like a "spa".
i didnt think anything of this as i had upsclae hair salons and tanning salons buy teak off me before.
so the further i go in, i see scented candles and stuff but still nobody to be seen,this was around 11 am so again didnt think anything of it,till a half naked asian chick walks out to see whats the shouting is all about.
yup,it was a "parlour" (rub n tug) it turns out the adress was 170 B (on top of the storefront with an entrance in the back) and the parlour was a 170 A.
i had a good laugh but my girlfriend wasnt amused,who is also asian.
anyway got to see some boobies for free and got $250 in cash off the other chick for the table so not bad for a days work all before lunch.
(ps i dont have pics of this,so it probably didnt happen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads