• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
Not all outlets carry RRL.
I have never seen RRL at any outlet.
ffffuuuu.gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't had good luck with RRL store. I messaged them 2 different times for 2 different pants and both messages were "fits true to size" Someone who is two lazy to take measurements isn't going to get my dollar.

Yes, EnduringStyles prices are very fair.

One reason you see so much RRL around is the outlets have been getting strong shipments in. I believe it is instantly 75% off once it hits the outlet. I get another 30% off that for being an employee, and have been able to get some jeans for around 40 dollars. Unfortunately, the closest outlet to me that carries RRL is 3 hours away. There are so many resellers now, that I could go out their and they might be bought out. Outlets usually get shipments every tues and thurs and no store knows what they are getting. Not all outlets carry RRL.

you work there? PSR is at 50% right now. no offense because i appreciate your participation, just saying.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorman
Yeah, there's no sense in buying extra similar stuff like that unless you ballin' out the ass. It's the unique pieces that make RRL so amazing to me. Expensive ass ****!
buy this to go with your avatar
bigstar[1].gif
I dont see the point of paying the RRL premium for tops. The jeans/chinos/workpants however, are worth every damn penny

osadolor619

Reaction score
I haven't had good luck with RRL store. I messaged them 2 different times for 2 different pants and both messages were "fits true to size" Someone who is two lazy to take measurements isn't going to get my dollar.

Yes, EnduringStyles prices are very fair.

One reason you see so much RRL around is the outlets have been getting strong shipments in. I believe it is instantly 75% off once it hits the outlet. I get another 30% off that for being an employee, and have been able to get some jeans for around 40 dollars. Unfortunately, the closest outlet to me that carries RRL is 3 hours away. There are so many resellers now, that I could go out their and they might be bought out. Outlets usually get shipments every tues and thurs and no store knows what they are getting. Not all outlets carry RRL.

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey roman, i've seen both those shirts (and the club collar shirts that came as part of PRL's "ivy row" collection), and it's very obvious which one is better when you get into it. is it a $120 difference? that is definitely up to the wearer to decide.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing the PRL and Rugby lines getting very close to RRL for a while now. Up close, they won't be exactly the same, but they are close enough that only the RRL afficianado will notice the differences. And no matter what anyone says, PRL and Rugby are great quality; I would not be surprised if they are made in the same factories for the China stuff. Rugby is just a much younger aesthetic, and PRL is a wider (i.e.: not as fitted and blander) demographic. My one pair of Rugby raw selvedge jeans are damn good denim. And I've recently purchased some of the PRL Sportsman line and been impressed. I'm not saying this to take away from RRL at all. Just sayin' that those other lines are very good, too, if you like their styles.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
is it a $120 difference? that is definitely up to the wearer to decide.
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
I've been noticing the PRL and Rugby lines getting very close to RRL for a while now. Up close, they won't be exactly the same, but they are close enough that only the RRL afficianado will notice the differences. I'm not saying this to take away from RRL at all. Just sayin' that those other lines are very good, too, if you like their styles.
These are very good points. Whats odd to me is that because of RRL I have grown to appreciate PRL and Rugby more. You would think that the cheaper brands would be the gateway to the pricier brands i.e. honda -> acura, RL - RLPL.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
I've been noticing the PRL and Rugby lines getting very close to RRL for a while now. Up close, they won't be exactly the same, but they are close enough that only the RRL afficianado will notice the differences.

And no matter what anyone says, PRL and Rugby are great quality; I would not be surprised if they are made in the same factories for the China stuff. Rugby is just a much younger aesthetic, and PRL is a wider (i.e.: not as fitted and blander) demographic. My one pair of Rugby raw selvedge jeans are damn good denim. And I've recently purchased some of the PRL Sportsman line and been impressed.

I'm not saying this to take away from RRL at all. Just sayin' that those other lines are very good, too, if you like their styles.

i hate to sound like theRRshop or something, but if you aren't super particular about the details, it makes a lot of sense to avoid RRL and just buy polo or rugby.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
you work there? PSR is at 50% right now. no offense because i appreciate your participation, just saying.
Not sure what PSR means. I do know that this specific outlet puts their RRL at 75% off. They don't exactly get much in either, or get any of the really unique items in. I have no clue how the other outlets do it. RRL line is rarely talked about even at Lenox Mall in Atl. I think the majority of Polo clothing isn't quality. Some of it is very good though. Edit. I have an extremely part time job there. Good discounts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads