• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Official?) Fit Critique Thread

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrjames
2431bns.jpg

Are those glasses taped at the middle? Is that really a green shooting jacket? Do you live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn by chance?

mrjames

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Do you live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn by chance?
nah, shoreditch actually- with my band of strict vegan merrymen

intfxdx

Reaction score
new request for critiques.. here is a bbgf navy suit. i am surprised that it has almost 19" shoulders for a 38R jacket (tagged 38) and also i would expect jacket lapels to be hand stitched but i can't see anything on the lapels about stitching... but it's full canvassed. Do you think that it's too large at shoulders or it's fine ? what about overall fit ? i will ask tailor to take a little at the waist level. Attachment 63523 Attachment 63526 Attachment 63524 Attachment 63525 i pulled back sleeves, they are going to be altered and no worry about tie and shirt

blendenj

Reaction score
New Indochino shirt order:
3L4Sv.jpg
ABqyu.jpg
It's obviously too tight in the chest... How much bigger does my chest measurement need to be? 2 inches? 1 inch? Or is it also a problem with the shoulder measurement? Thanks....

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blendenj
New Indochino shirt order:

3L4Sv.jpg

ABqyu.jpg

It's obviously too tight in the chest...

How much bigger does my chest measurement need to be? 2 inches? 1 inch? Or is it also a problem with the shoulder measurement?

Thanks....

I think it's purely a chest issue. Notice how all the wrinkles radiate from one point on either side. That's where the tension is.

bhall41

Reaction score
^ The big flaw is that the jacket is too short for someone your height. Button stance is also too low for a tall person. Also, might want to get a jacket with more shoulder padding. You've got sloped shoulders.

Shirt collar doesn't fit either. Too big. Spread collar design would complement the slim lapel aesthetic better.

Knot is poorly tied. Needs to be a FIH pulled tight for a skinny tie like that.

+1

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
^ No. Looks good.
It's a decent "modern" fit. People of average height can get away with (slightly) shorter jackets.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
new request for critiques.. here is a bbgf navy suit. i am surprised that it has almost 19" shoulders for a 38R jacket (tagged 38) and also i would expect jacket lapels to be hand stitched but i can't see anything on the lapels about stitching... but it's full canvassed.
Do you think that it's too large at shoulders or it's fine ? what about overall fit ? i will ask tailor to take a little at the waist level.
Attachment 63523
Attachment 63526
Attachment 63524
Attachment 63525

i pulled back sleeves, they are going to be altered and no worry about tie and shirt

The shoulders are too big, but it's workable. I'd return it, but if you like it and really want to keep it, go ahead.

Originally Posted by Aldehyde
What say you? Too short?
DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

It would've been better if it were slightly longer. Can you lengthen it at all?

It's a decent "modern" fit. People of average height can get away with (slightly) shorter jackets.

That too.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
It would've been better if it were slightly longer. Can you lengthen it at all?

Not physically possible... where would that fabric come from?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've decided this jacket is next for the Tailors. I've looked, and there's something funky going on with the lapel that I can see, and while my shoulders are hitting in the front, something funky's going on round back. Any other thoughts?
5663584450_6c0699332d_b.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads