• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crusty, the spring colors look great.
HF, I like the suit and the shirt, but I think a solid tie would be better. There's just too much going on.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier

^This is very nice. Pants look like they could use less tapering below the knee.

Originally Posted by ctp120
DSC_0860.jpg

^Another beautiful combo. Shirt is great and demonstrates that matchy can be good sometimes. Sleeves on the suit are way too short imo.​

DaBatMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Closeup-13.jpg
Leaning-33.jpg
Feet-37.jpg

Awesome TB. I've been loving the green and gray go together recently. Must be a phase that I'm going through. In any event great job on today's fit.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Damn, this suit fit better last spring. :diet:
348937d0.jpg
22a1ea83.jpg
cac15286.jpg

Looks great still Spoo. My physique looked like yours (about 10 years ago). Thank you for the motivation and please... do share your workout secrets with me. More crappy pics on the iPod. I need lessons from Spoo, UC, & Orgetorix, to name a few, on posing for pics and then a worthy camera. In any event… 3rd day on the new job. High 91 today. Basic light gray trousers paired with a white button down dress shirt. Shoes and belt are brown FWIW.
6.jpg
7.jpg

ctp120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Sleeves on the suit are way too short imo.

Agreed, and I never fail to notice it when wearing the suit either. This is pretty old and one of my first linen suits. I mentioned once before, here or in another thread, that I'm still mad at the tailor over this--the wrinkling at the elbow, made worse by the narrowness of the sleeve, causes the sleeves to draw up considerably after I've had the coat on awhile. They are just about right otherwise, only a hair short if at all. The right sleeve looks worse in this pic than IRL. The left, however, is sadly representative.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 16-Ton
So you do not use BB MTM program anymore?

Not so - I am not a habitual user of BB's MTM services, but I've had things made for me much more recently - had a suit and some shirts made a year ago last March.

Originally Posted by jcriswel
IMGP0467686x1280.jpg

I don't know what it is about this picture that I like. It is by far my favorite picture of you. When you're sitting, relaxed, and the lighting is not unbearable, you look fabulous!

Thank you. For some reason, the distance between the camera and that chair makes the pictures come out better - who knew?

Originally Posted by philosophe
Crusty, the spring colors look great..

Merci, mon cher philosophe.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blazer is too big but I'm committed to wearing one as often as a possible so this one had to do today. Nobody with whom I come in contact is aware enough to catch it and simply ask me why I's so dressed. No more pretense. I need my readers to see the camera before I take the shot.
IMG_20110427_085510.jpg
IMG_20110427_085835.jpg
Took this for ThreadBearer... FIHX2
IMG_20110427_090141.jpg
Takin' the Poker's advice... wear what'ja got!
IMG_20110427_090126.jpg
The light is hitting the gunboats wrong. They are not cloudy. The shine is uniform and consistent with the side pieces.
IMG_20110427_085550.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaBatMan
Looks great still Spoo. My physique looked like yours (about 10 years ago). Thank you for the motivation and please... do share your workout secrets with me.

More crappy pics on the iPod. I need lessons from Spoo, UC, & Orgetorix, to name a few, on posing for pics and then a worthy camera.

I hate to burst your bubble Bats, but I have never once in my life seen the inside of a gym, and my pics are all done with an iPhone4. Posing? Well, just stand in a way that best shows the fit of the outfit, and make it natural, not forced.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Not so - I am not a habitual user of BB's MTM services, but I've had things made for me much more recently - had a suit and some shirts made a year ago last March.

Dont think I told you Crusty, but the new seated post offers worlds of difference in your pics in terms of clarity and color... not so much for fit - I wish you could replicate those settings for your standing pics. Also, I like the combo today. Im never going to say no to a green tie
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Digmenow
Took this for ThreadBearer... FIHX2

Takin' the Poker's advice... wear what'ja got!

The FiH2 needs to be tightened up a bit to work... but looks good. Im not sold on yellow ties, per se - but this look works for you. From your loot, I would have done the Borrelli though. If you dont, sell it to me
devil.gif

DaBatMan

Reaction score
...all done with an iPhone4
eh.gif

I hate to burst your bubble Bats, but I have never once in my life seen the inside of a gym...
Now I really hate you.
devil.gif

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... From your loot, I would have done the Borrelli though. If you dont, sell it to me
devil.gif

I'm saving it. Next month.

The FiH2 needs to be tightened up a bit to work... but looks good.
If I had tightened it the stripes would not have been in such stunning alignment. I could have pushed it up a bit though.

IMG_20110427_090141.jpg

16-Ton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust

Thank you. For some reason, the distance between the camera and that chair makes the pictures come out better - who knew?

Merci, mon cher philosophe.

Thanks for the answer. Would you recommend their service?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 16-Ton
Thanks for the answer. Would you recommend their service?

A made-to-measure service is very much dependent on the initial fittings and measurements taken - I cannot speak for the entirety of Brooks Bros., but I can recommend highly the services of Alex Hago, the gentleman in charge of MTMN at One Liberty Plaza in New York - very high degree of professionalism, and an expert at his job. The one suit fitted by him for me is quite handsome, as are the shirts that I had made at the same time.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaBatMan
eh.gif

Many of my pics are also from my iPhone, though not all.

The key (as with any camera) is light. You need lots of light, but it needs to be soft, indirect light. In front of a large window on a cloudy day or outdoors in the shade, for example, is best. Make sure the camera is roughly chest-height and at least 15-20 feet away, zooming (or cropping) in if necessary.

I used to have terrible photos too, but took some pointers from NOBD and others here, which helped. When I use the iPhone, I just use the Self-Timer app and set it on a nearby table or ledge.

When I use my camera (an old Fujifilm, nothing great), I set it for aperture-priority mode, f8, ISO 200, and use the manual focus to focus before the shot on something next to where I'll be standing. That's about all there is to it, other than finding a location with the right light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics