• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Champions, Bundesliga world football threak!

Jared7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
I agree...if Pepe had not committed a straight red foul, Real Madrid would have had a chance. He's been a difference maker for them and their 10 man defense.

Wait...you.....you're not....implying that this wasn't a straight red...are you?
confused.gif

pro_photo1303936422.jpg

I'm glad you're all at least owning up to just having straight, unadulterated hate for Barcelona. You guys don't let little things like facts get in the way.

Hahaha you actually bought Alves lame acting? There is no hope for you. Wait, the tackle was SO bad he went off on a stretcher, then jogs back on as if nothing happened. Hahaha

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared7
Hahaha you actually bought Alves lame acting? There is no hope for you. Wait, the tackle was SO bad he went off on a stretcher, then jogs back on as if nothing happened. Hahaha

studs up tackle no where near the ball looks like a red to me.

hate on, boo.

Brian SD

Reaction score
That picture belies what actually happened. The replays show that no contact was made, and that was after Pepe played the ball. Mr Argentino is right though. Messi wasn't in the game until Pepe was sent off. I'm sorry but Spanish football is a disgrace. It's a sad state of affairs when the best teams in the world play football like that. Not a single redeeming quality in that game except for Messi's second goal. Last week's big English games were infinitely more exciting than that garbage.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
That picture belies what actually happened. The replays show that no contact was made, and that was after Pepe played the ball. Mr Argentino is right though. Messi wasn't in the game until Pepe was sent off. I'm sorry but Spanish football is a disgrace. It's a sad state of affairs when the best teams in the world play football like that. Not a single redeeming quality in that game except for Messi's second goal. Last week's big English games were infinitely more exciting than that garbage.
confused.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I need Dani Alves to teach me that awesome skill of stopping his leg in midswing and instantly swinging it the other way...perfect timing no less, with Pepe's studs just millimeters away (but not touching of course
wink.gif
)
worship.gif
Anyone else here thirsty?
aussie-haterade.gif

Jared7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
That picture belies what actually happened. The replays show that no contact was made, and that was after Pepe played the ball. Mr Argentino is right though. Messi wasn't in the game until Pepe was sent off.

I'm sorry but Spanish football is a disgrace. It's a sad state of affairs when the best teams in the world play football like that. Not a single redeeming quality in that game except for Messi's second goal. Last week's big English games were infinitely more exciting than that garbage.

+1

This deluded guy can't see that Dani Alves MOVES his leg in the direction of where Pepe's foot is going. So he swings it around as if contact was made, but in reality there is little or if any contact at all. Then he procedes to cry like a little GIRL on the floor and rolls around in an Oscar worthy performance.
And funny how he chose to ignore the fact that he was STRETCHERED off the pitch, then came back on right away as if nothing was wrong. Barca medical team must really work miracles..
facepalm.gif

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gosh darn it guys, i feel really bad now. If only the team I support could model themselves after the white knights of Real Madrid, the world of football would be a better place. Funny how you dummies conveniently forget the other **** those assholes pulled with no calls whatsover. Marcelo stomping on Pedro's knee....Adebayor practically punching Busquets in the face. I WISH we could be more like them.
inlove.gif
we see what we want to see. What I see is a big fat W and Man U being the last step in capturing the 3rd CL in 3 years. It's 2009 CL Final all over again. You are all welcome to put your money where you mouth is, of course...oh wait...it wouldn't be fair...they're just gonna cheat anyway, right?
rolleyes.gif

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn...must suck to hate on this...

ncdny9.jpg

And rooting for 10 men behind the ball? NICE. Even their own pretty boy can't stand their bullshit tactics...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Jared7

Reaction score
Oh. my. god. NOBODY IS DEFENDING REAL MADRID!! People are just trying to point out to you that Barcelona CHEATED their way through. This ruined the game for all the neutrals like me, hence why we are commenting on how much of a dick Dani Alves is and what a bunch of girls Barca players are for rolling around and conning the ref. It's not rocket science. But I think you're too biased to acknowledge anything wrong your players do. Just answer me this and I'll leave it at that: How do you feel about the incident when Busquets went down holding his face when there was no contact made there? (Wow.. this is going to be hard to answer for someone so biased..)

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared7
Barcelona CHEATED their way through.
Yeah...but they didn't.
Just answer me this and I'll leave it at that: How do you feel about the incident when Busquets went down holding his face when there was no contact made there? (Wow.. this is going to be hard to answer for someone so biased..)
My feelings on Sergio Busquets have been voiced in this thread. His actions today did nothing to change that. How about this...did the better team win? I bring Real Madrid up because you supposed purists of the sport seem to take no umbrage with their cynical tackling, playing 10 men behind the ball, 20% possession AT HOME, etc....doesn't that ruin the game? I think so. You go after one side for the dives, the stretchers, the hounding the ref....I personally was not a fan of the way Barcelona acted at times today. But read the goddamn reports..****, just watch the game with your eyeballs...BOTH teams were doing it. Why not bring BOTH teams up when you talk about diving??? WHY? Because you guys already brought your own biases into this discussion. Whether Barcelona acted saintly for 90 minutes or rolled around like little bitches, you were going to come to the same conclusion..."I hate Barcelona" ****, at least own up to the fact that your opinion has no basis in objectivity. I hate the Celtics, Giants, UCLA, and Notre Dame for no other reason than they exist and are rivals with teams I support. At least StephenHero had the balls to just say it.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jose needs to shut up...I can see how and why he is frustrated, but claiming a UEFA conspiracy is nuts...Barca sure can pass real purty

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Jose needs to shut up...I can see how and why he is frustrated, but claiming a UEFA conspiracy is nuts...Barca sure can pass real purty

I enjoyed the forced silence immediately following the match. Too bad it couldn't last.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never a red.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads