• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Warm and VERY muggy today, no A/C, nor jacket or tie.
rob005.jpg
rob004.jpg
rob006.jpg

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Security Guard (In the Rain) Wednesday:

DSCF7684.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Looks like an Ivy League security guard...

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Damn, this suit fit better last spring. :diet:
cac15286.jpg

Fwocker. I need a pair of snuff suede this summer. I was set on chukkas till I saw the above and the below. Now I am thinking I should get a pair of oxfords. You guys are not making this easy.
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by Parker
prkr427a.jpg

prkr427b.jpg

prkr427c.jpg

Striped tie for gdl. Tan cotton suit too casual for conservative business dress? I think I could use a pair of mid-brown or tan calf shoes.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Warm and VERY muggy today, no A/C, nor jacket or tie.

No A/C, brutal.

Record highs here the past couple days...but a meat locker in my office. I could wear the Nutter in here.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust

IMGP0463912x1280.jpg

Crust, what is that white line around(or on) your shirt? I always see them and I can't say I know what they are. I also want to say that, I like the new post in your photos. Nice work!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Damn, this suit fit better last spring. :diet:
cac15286.jpg

Great shoes, and very toned-down Spoo, but elegant as always (even if your chest is swelling outwards a shade - but who doesn't want bigger pectorals, no?)

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Well-fitting clothes are an excellent motivation to maintain weight, that's for sure!

The colours are very pleasant and the fit is good too. I think tab collars do not suit you, but then again, who do they suit, really? So have fun with them!

I think I prefer this suit rolled to the bottom button, extending the lapel line. The lapel roll is soft enough to cope with it. Further to suggestions from others, I've tried pairing this suit with a contrast collar shirt; I think that also suits it better, so thank you to those making that suggestion.

New, well-fitting, and blindingly expensive (at least for me) clothes are a definite motivation to eschew excess caloric intake.

As for tab collars, they are a peculiarity of mine - one of many . . .

I agree that your suit jacket looks good rolled from the bottom button. I like today's shirt, but perhaps the lack of love that it has engendered (at least from one source) is due to the exposure of the collar band below and behind the tie?

Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
Crust, what is that white line around(or on) your shirt? I always see them and I can't say I know what they are. I also want to say that, I like the new post in your photos. Nice work!

The white line is a band of paper put on my shirts by my shirt laundry in order to keep the shirt in place while folded, and thanks for the positive comments!

16-Ton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
The shirt and tie (and suit) are all Brooks Bros. of various vintages - the shirt was MTM many years ago, the tie and suit are much more recent purchases. Shoes today are C & J via Barney's.

So you do not use BB MTM program anymore?

jcriswel

Reaction score
IMGP0467686x1280.jpg

I don't know what it is about this picture that I like. It is by far my favorite picture of you. When you're sitting, relaxed, and the lighting is not unbearable, you look fabulous!

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
IMO, this desperately needs a shot of color/contrast. Looks like a nice suit, but it's almost invisible.
Can quite understand this comment; it's monochrome, even by my standards. The suit does have a (very) subtle coloured micro-stripe so it's not quite as boring in real life.

Originally Posted by ctp120
Brown in town today, and cotton seersucker at that.

DSC_0916.jpg

Like, wow.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
Technically, I am referring to myself in the third animal.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast
oc6Gj.jpg
Blimey.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
I like it better rolled to the bottom as well. I also like this tie with it, but not the shirt.

Mike

+1. I actually think the suit looks great - but the contrast-collar shirt pushes this over the edge.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I think the contrast is what makes it work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads