• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got a tan filson 257 for sale, get at me if you're interested

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
filson-red-label-bags-03.jpg
just kopped this filson red label japan x nanamica zippered tote to compliment my apolis x filson briefcase
smile.gif
UO just got them in online for 175 zippered and 150 regular in all three color ways: white, navy, red use THEMUSICISSUE code for 10% off

bigbjorn

Reaction score
Did a Sunday-Friday trip to London last week, using my 257 for my laptop/accessories and my 243 for a two suit professional wardrobe (two pair of shoes) and workout gear etc. I don't think I'll ever use a roll-aboard bag again.

BTW, London is a nice city for running.

Michael_A

Reaction score
Just made a special order for a custom Yukon coat (I am 6'6" 165 lbs) ... should have the coat in 10 weeks. Very exciting! They really took care of me in customer service to get the measurement/fit correct for my physique. Will post fit pics in July....

Michael

Scoobersti

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up RKD, I had no idea UO was stocking the red labels. Also, thanks for the coupon too. Ordered myself a zippered one.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
zippered one? non-zip is actually nicer imo.

zippered just appears to be too boxy at top

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got my filson japan red label this morning and surprised at the difference between the apolis x filson bag. i LOVE it. i was afraid both would be same/similar color but there is enough of a difference that i dont have two of the same bag. the tote is surprisingly roomy and large without looking too big and def large enough to not be too effeminate ...

5658896808_83fd0cd4a2_z.jpg

5658896274_0d050865fc_z.jpg
5658324269_2b9faef03c_z.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it'll be nice when the leather straps start to form a patina.

AHShadow

Reaction score
How much space difference is there between the 256 and 257??

I'm thinking about getting one to replace my Fred Perry bag. I would want to fit in a laptop (Macbook), some folders, 1 book, my lunch (in plastic bag) and potentially a little umbrella. I was thinking about getting a 257, but I'm not sure if there is THAT much a difference betweeen the two?

Thanks.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AHShadow
How much space difference is there between the 256 and 257??

I'm thinking about getting one to replace my Fred Perry bag. I would want to fit in a laptop (Macbook), some folders, 1 book, my lunch (in plastic bag) and potentially a little umbrella. I was thinking about getting a 257, but I'm not sure if there is THAT much a difference betweeen the two?

Thanks.

What size is the macbook?

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drmmr
Thanks all. I just kopped a Pullman bag for $259 + shipping from http://www.cablecarclothiers.com. They just started a 30% sale today, not much (for me at least), but the prices are great if they have the stuff you want.

Major props to bigbjorn for the heads up on the sale.

receive this? I have yet to get my bag or even a reply.

AHShadow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU
What size is the macbook?

15" Macbook Pro.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics