• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Spring/Summer Looks

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With the rise of the conservative business dress thread, un-conservative business dress looks seem to have been disappearing from MC, especially in WAYWT. For me, the most challenging time of year to put stuff together has always been when the temperatures rise and comfort, and style seem to battle it out in a cage match once June rolls around. I'd love for people to post what they feel some of their best Spring/Summer (non-conservative business dress preferred) looks. I know we have a few threads that feature pics from blogs like the sartorialist, but a lot of that stuff is costumey and not well suited for more real life situations. So I'm hoping the MCers can pick out a few of what they feel are good Spring/Summer looks to get the ball rolling for guys who need some S/S motivation. Here's a few of mine I liked...please feel free to rip. But I'm not necessarily concerned about fit in the photos as I am about S/S colors and style.
IMG_7497.jpg
IMG_7162.jpg
IMG_6496.jpg
IMG_6067.jpg
IMG_6013.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
IMG_5989.jpg
IMG_5858.jpg
Most of those are pretty old, and frankly not that good. Help a brutha out with some motivational pics.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I despise the summer. I basically dress the same way during the week for work and on the weekend I just lose the socks and the jacket. Also, on the weekends I will wear shirts that have color and patterns as I only ever wear white shirts with suits.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_6004.jpg

IMG_5989.jpg

You have some great looks here, but these two are my favorite. This will be my first post-SF discovery summer in Atlanta, and I'm dreading it. But I can probably duplicate these looks, so thanks for the inspiration.

P.S. The conservative business dress thread is about corporate uniforms, not style.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
You have some great looks here, but these two are my favorite. This will be my first post-SF discovery summer in Atlanta, and I'm dreading it. But I can probably duplicate these looks, so thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks...lets get some other looks up here people.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like white buttons on summery SC's. Especially if they are MOP. I hope to add to this thread once the temperatures get above 60
ffffuuuu.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P.S. The conservative business dress thread is about corporate uniforms, not style.

The two are not mutually exclusive.
teacha.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

facepalm.gif

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
The two are not mutually exclusive.
teacha.gif

Maybe true, but they are uniquely related. The corporate uniform is indeed a style.

Originally Posted by TRINI
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by gshen
+
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

It is true that I'm marsupialed. The good news is, you guys are really good with 'tards.

/threadjack

Cotton suit:

41141.jpg

Casual:

as_422.jpg

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG_6496.jpg

What if you took the orange tie (pic 2) or pink tie (pic 5 I think) and put it with these light blue chinos and navy jacket? I liked all of your looks, except I think the blue tie and blue pants are too similar in this picture.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
What if you took the orange tie (pic 2) or pink tie (pic 5 I think) and put it with these light blue chinos and navy jacket? I liked all of your looks, except I think the blue tie and blue pants are too similar in this picture.

Cool, thanks man. Unfortunately the jacket is long gone (didn't fit me after a year ta the gym, but I have a similar (albeit longer and heavier) hopsack that replaced it.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gshen
Fortunately or unfortunately, it's perpetually summer here in SIN....some old pics:

DSCF3731.jpg

P1060414.jpg

P1060440.jpg

P1060104.jpg

DSCF3295.jpg

P1070687.jpg

I like those G, and thats exactly what I told my cousins about Singapore. 1. Its hot, 2. Don't spit your gum in the street.
laugh.gif

Cotton suit:

41141.jpg

Casual:

as_422.jpg

First one looks good, as does the second, but in my mind the second is a year round outfit with a pink shirt. It doesn't scream "Hey its warm out, lets all have lunch outside and look at boobies!" though.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First one looks good, as does the second, but in my mind the second is a year round outfit with a pink shirt. It doesn't scream "Hey its warm out, lets all have lunch outside and look at boobies!" though.

Of course it doesn't, I'm not some sexist pig...

(I'm an ass man).

The no socks, should, scream summer. But instead they may scream "DOUCHEBAG WALKIN'!"

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Totally did that today, btw.
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads