• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canali suits

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Zegna and Canali are quite comparable. Most probably prefer Zegna. Don't get too hung up on the name. Remember, even the suits from the same line and same label can vary in price.

Metooxx

Reaction score
Good price. Generally $999 at Racks in Chicago.

__PG__

Reaction score
NWT Canali suits range on eBay range from $500 to $1000. $700 is a good rice for a NWT Canali suit IMO.

Grigory

Reaction score
Solid navy mainline Zegna suit for $550 should be nominated for "Bargain of the year" award. Certainly it's not usual Ebay price for mainline Zegna. Canali for $700 is very good deal.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grigory
Solid navy mainline Zegna suit for $550 should be nominated for "Bargain of the year" award. Certainly it's not usual Ebay price for mainline Zegna. Canali for $700 is very good deal.

Both Zegna (mainline) and Canali are great suits and you will not go wrong

GBer

Reaction score
Try Mouton à 5 pattes behind Jelmoli, Foxtown, or some of the outlets in Italy. Zegna has an outlet.

Petyot

Reaction score
I just bought a Canali suit (exclusive line in super 180) at Century 21 (downtown NY) for $699. If you have access to a Century 21, you may try there to find what you are looking for

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
Definitely yes.. It's very hard to find these kind of clothing on sale in Switzerland and full price is $1600.. i am building a wardrobe for work (banking) and i need suits. I recently purchased a solid navy Zegna for $550, that's why i was thinking that Canali is expensive (taking into account fees, it makes prices closer) but i think most people here think that Zegna is better than Canali, correct ?
If you're up there how much of a hassle would it be to cross the border for corso umberto I 438 Oleggio,No and hitting the Zegna outlet. (Plug the address into goggle maps) $550 during the sales even at the current exchange rate isn't unheard of. You'll get to try things on. OTOH you might have to hit the outlet a few times to find something you like in your size. http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&sourc...1,2.469177&z=9

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat OT, but is there every a decent way to get Canali retail without paying full price? From what I've seen they almost never go on sale...

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aravenel
Somewhat OT, but is there every a decent way to get Canali retail without paying full price? From what I've seen they almost never go on sale...

At the larger department stores like Bloomingdales and NM they go on sale once or twice a year for about 20% off retail.

They also have some at discount stores like Loehmanns and Century 21. Pickings maybe slim but sometimes you get lucky and find what you're looking for.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjsphd
I am also looking at a Canali jacket and was wondering about the word "Proposta". Does it signify a lower/higher end line for Canali or a style?

If I recall correctly, it is their lower diffusion line. Not made the same as the main line.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
At the larger department stores like Bloomingdales and NM they go on sale once or twice a year for about 20% off retail.

They also have some at discount stores like Loehmanns and Century 21. Pickings maybe slim but sometimes you get lucky and find what you're looking for.

Thanks for this. Tried the C21 route, but the only thing I ever find there are a purple multistripe or something equally terrifying.

Will have to look into the 20% sales... I believe Saks has one coming up...

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you guys are finding these ultra-discounted prices, are they always for new suits? And are they current year models, or older lines that never sold in 2007?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen year end prices where they are marked down to half price (Holt Renfrew). I have never seen Harry Rosen do this on Canali, they might do 30%. When Holt does it, it is usually just on remaining stock for the seasonal change. If they don't sell, they may reduce them further.

Now these other posts saying numbers like $700, $500, etc, I am guessing these are not recent stock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads