• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
I don't think I would really bother with steez if I lived in North Dakota. Probably just get a bunch of Uniqlo and maybe PS shoes or GATs and even that would still probably be awkwardly overdressed most of the time.

In my experience this is pretty much an accurate assessment. The only other thing you'd need would be a suit for special occasions, which you could really ball out on then - what with all the money you'd save on all the other stuff.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I just found out lacoste makes a $130 polo.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Men's style is incredibly boring and limited. Im seeing more and more women wearing mens clothes.

I honestly have to say I hate when women wear mens clothes. I think it looks like ****. Im noticing more and more women wearing mens shirts and mens jeans. Never to touch a dress again.

I look at photos from 60's and before when women still wore dresses. I think they look a hell of a lot sexier.

While were on the topic of dressing like ****. Mens clothing looks like **** to. I want to see new and exciting things offered. Im tired of the conservative cut of everything with dull ass colors. It feels like clothing for men has been stuck in 1999.

I hate that Aeropostal/American Eagle **** that so many people horde and wear everyday. Every man looks like a worse and worse copy of those around them. The cut of these mall brands looks like the **** they were putting out a decade ago. Nothing new at all, at least for the men.

So I am jealous of women in that they have so many choices and the fact that the style of clothing for them changes once in a while instead of being the same thing year after year...

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Men's style is incredibly boring and limited. Mens clothing looks like **** to. I want to see new and exciting things offered. Im tired of the conservative cut of everything with dull ass colors. It feels like clothing for men has been stuck in 1999.
None of this is true. You should check out collections from designers, not mall brands.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
None of this is true. You should check out collections from designers, not mall brands.

Well, I was kinda referencing the clothing the masses wear out on the streets. The college crowd around here only wears the Mall Brands. I've seen the stuff on runways, and id say 95% is never going to be worn by the common man in that cut or style, it gets toned way down before its "ok" for your average guy to wear out in society...

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
Such a good past 2 days and weekend:

Saw Arcade Fire/ The National twice, got my CD signed and my friend got his vinyl signed as well
5656594882_c5fe181002.jpg

Interviewed Will Butler:
5644293719_b21ba15555.jpg

Life iz gud

Saw Arcade Fire about two weeks ago and the National back in September/October (in the musical wasteland known as Phoenix).

Arcade Fire put on an awesome show. Their set seemed kind of short given their extensive collection.

The National were also good but Matt got pretty drunk and started slurring words as the set progressed. Also got to the show late and missed out on Final Fantasy/Owen Palett
facepalm.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I just found out lacoste makes a $130 polo.

I'm wearing a black lacoste polo today with shorts and flip-flops. It's the best ****, bro, the best bro the best.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Going on vacation next week, but the luggage I'm gonna buy is in Tokyo

Solution: shove everything in trash bags, buy luggage, repack at airport
Gonna look swagged out carrying trash bags on the bullet train

trash bags = Irish luggage

Originally Posted by bwonger06

The National were also good but Matt got pretty drunk and started slurring words as the set progressed. Also got to the show late and missed out on Final Fantasy/Owen Palett
facepalm.gif

nbd their lyrics are embarrassing

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
That reminds me, I need to get some no-show socks. Suggestions, anyone?

i only just bought them, but journeys no shows work well enough for me. way cheaper than the alternatives, too

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mocc socks are one size fit all deal, they're alright. I haven't found any no show socks that don't slip under my heel

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
i only just bought them, but journeys no shows work well enough for me. way cheaper than the alternatives, too

Originally Posted by g transistor
Mocc socks are one size fit all deal, they're alright. I haven't found any no show socks that don't slip under my heel

I've tried the journey ones in the past and they kept slipping underneath my heel which was irritating as hell. I might have to give these a shot.

blue squares

Reaction score
Really disappointed with Sonny Bono. Bought a 200 euro leather jacket and after a few months and <20 wears, I've re-sown one button and the rest are close to falling off too.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
I saw a woman wearing Rick Owens today, which was confusing given that it was in Winnipeg.
you live in winnipeg? did not know. prob should marry her
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads