• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Whoa, so it's under $1000? :| edit: lol
_pao1983_49107256.jpg

Emixam

Reaction score
^ could be Chevignon or Diesel. The cut look spretty bad at shoulders and P2P.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CCP LM/2499 OBJECT DYED KANGAROO *gloves are retractable
CCP1-1.jpg
CCP2-2.jpg
CCP3-2.jpg
CCP4-1.jpg
CCP5-1.jpg
CCP6-1.jpg

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, that CCP jacket is just too much. Tried it on and I felt like I was trapped in a suit of armor, or had transformed into a leather-coated insect

Cool for all Kafka-related fantasies, tho

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is that bad? Did you try on a 46?

I was thinking about swapping out my Fencing for this.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a 46, in kangaroo, I think (was beige, didnt ask the material, the SAs at Lift know I'm not buying anything there, just bothering the $3000 MA+ boots)

I've never actually tried a fencing, but I imagine it to be a much easier jacket to wear than this. Just a.. lot of jacket. . Couldn't help but feeling a bit trapped inside of it. Stiff collar and upper arms, the retractable gloves, even the lining made a crinkly sound when I moved my arms.

If the fit is what you're going for, I imagine it's perfect, but definitely not a casual jacket, whereas I can see the fencing being worn a bit more in real life

Knisse

Reaction score
Nicelynice -> you seem to have owned your fair share of leathers, mind sharing your experiences with the ones you had? I reckon you had the Dior one (for some time?) that i have been in my hugh pile of "perhaps" leather jackets.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
keep in mind these are just personal preferences, by no means an expert:

Dior and ToJ both use great lambskins. I'd equate them to roughly the same quality, really beautiful, soft, buttery stuff. Quality on both has been impeccable, as well. Dior also has great after-service, I've taken my jacket there, and they've always replaced lost buttons and fixed loose stitches for free.

Rick Owens is really hit or miss. I absolutely love the heavy washed lamb from 2007, people like the oiled calf (I'm not a huge fan, personally), but the newer hammered lamb feels like terrible, like leather made from paper and plastic. I own a "giove lamb" intarsia, and it's definitely not as nice as the "silky lamb" intarsia I used to own. Again, piece to piece, but the construction is pretty solid otherwise, except for the ****** zippers dude uses. I wouldn't buy a Rick jacket without knowing exactly what leather I'm getting. Rick has a unique aesthetic, though, so if you want a Rick Owens jacket, by all means, get a Rick Owens jacket.

Margiela, again, season by season. Nothing can match the old stuff with MRS zips. The new blacked out horse leather is also very nice, but some of the lambskin joints don't feel worth it unless you really like the design.

Julius quality is fine, especially the older thick lamb they used to use - on par with ToJ and Dior there. The construction and seamwork is insane, but I'm a stickler for details, and Julius linings are pretty terrible, just a boring cotton with no internal pockets. Bust. Also, the colored leathers use a cheap vegetable-tanned lamb that feels thin and fragile (I actually put a major hole in my red leather very easily, revealing how thin the leather was). If you like the Julius aesthetic, though, you're prolly gonna buy a Julius jacket regardless, though.

Attachment/Backlash leathers that use the vegetable tanned german calf are my favorite as far as leather quality goes, as a personal taste. I usually don't go for calfskin, but it's such a thick, substantial leather that looks good from day one, not requiring the normal break-in time for calf, and will definitely look good with age.

Anything that uses the Guidi baby calf leather (wjk has one jacket that does, I believe Incarnation does as well, and of course older Carpe Diem leathers) is substantial as hell. I just haven't found a single jacket the fits me well using this leather

I'm not a fan of CCP leathers, so I'll let people more experienced talk about those.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my camera back from repair today, so heres some pics - should be able to see the quality Attachment has great vegetable tanned calf. This is my favorite jacket, both in terms of design and quality The Rick stooges has the amazing 2007 washed lamb Rick intarsia uses the cheaper giove lamb, not the best, but better than hammered lamb Dior and ToJ both have a buttery lamb Julius uses similar lamb, but hasn't held up as well as the Dior IMO. Both have similar wear, 2-3 years (selling this jacket, too Julius for me) Attachment
QtNho.jpg
Rick
WDLih.jpg
Rick
ZmkmK.jpg
Toj
M2cCJ.jpg
Julius
oA7f2.jpg
Dior
Ugx28.jpg

Emixam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Anything that uses the Guidi baby calf leather (wjk has one jacket that does, I believe Incarnation does as well, and of course older Carpe Diem leathers) is substantial as hell. I just haven't found a single jacket the fits in this category.

yes Incarnation does.

Did you sell your WJK ? I am not sure to understand your last sentence....

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edited post for clarity. My English is getting bad.. .Yeah, I sold the wjk. Was too long in the body for me. Need to either be tall, or no hips. Would ride up on my hips when I walked.

I dunno if you can tell from the pic, but the Julius is also a little long in the body, moreso than I like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads