• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official blake x RЯL officer chino contest

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
28s are all gone and retail was 220

check out the epaulet thread. i think a page or two back someone asked for a comparison and svb did a mini comparison and i posted the diff regarding materials/construction

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
yeah once i start working i think i can swing 3/4 wears a week between work and weekends ... but unlike jawns i dont think i can last long without washing these bad boys especially for work haha
The officer chino accumulates the grimmy look in about 2-3 wears. The material begins to turn dark. Not a good look for business casual

AHShadow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
28s are all gone and retail was 220

check out the epaulet thread. i think a page or two back someone asked for a comparison and svb did a mini comparison and i posted the diff regarding materials/construction

Too bad =/. Thanks anyways!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
The officer chino accumulates the grimmy look in about 2-3 wears. The material begins to turn dark. Not a good look for business casual

yeah will have to wash more then or else get dirty looks from coworkers wondering if they arent paying me enough
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AHShadow
Too bad =/. Thanks anyways!

have no fear ... they will return at end of summer for the fall line. but by then this contest will be too far along gone to catch up
happy.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
third time wearing today ... they have stretched at the waist as svb and others have stated. everyone rock a belt!

only couple more days left till this thing officially starts ... any new participants? we should update the first page with all of the participants and everyone should throw up some pics!

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Out of sheer interest, does anybody own the plain officer chinos? My pair of the plain ones are size 31 and fit very well when new / washed but stretch out a fair amount with some wear. Could I possibly swing a 30 in the selvedge version?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Out of sheer interest, does anybody own the plain officer chinos? My pair of the plain ones are size 31 and fit very well when new / washed but stretch out a fair amount with some wear. Could I possibly swing a 30 in the selvedge version?

yeah you can. the selvedge chino will stretch out in the waist .5" - 1" in the waist and loosen up through the leg

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley

DO IT! snag that return from dave asap!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why is everyone looking for size 28..., I want a pair as well
blush.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cant wait to rock my chinoonnooos

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads