• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by happyxix
Does the raw RRL Jeans fade that much?

I washed mine about a dozen times in cold water and detergent and there is barely any fading.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-posted from RRL officer chino contest thread

5655554449_a3688b961d_z.jpg
5656126266_a377b43808_z.jpg
5656125200_dfc1eb50ba_z.jpg
5655553317_03055d8aca_z.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RDK, are people wearing their chinos already?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i assumed so. i wore mine the second time today. i think the start date was just to get people time to get a pair for themselves and post up pics but im fairly certain no one cares enough to be anal about the exact start date of people wearing these. plus a few have had these for awhile now and i think a few might still be waiting for their pair as well

Matt44

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
it seems that 45rpm and BiG do chain stitching in NYC . . . edit: 45rpm no longer does hemming unless you buy their denim, and BiG is charging $30!

I checked with BiG last week and they said the work can be done same-day if it's not too busy. Makes me more inclined to drop the $30.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
i assumed so. i wore mine the second time today. i think the start date was just to get people time to get a pair for themselves and post up pics but im fairly certain no one cares enough to be anal about the exact start date of people wearing these. plus a few have had these for awhile now and i think a few might still be waiting for their pair as well
gotcha. I ask because I am out of town this week and I would have brought them with me had I known. I want to get as many wears in as possible
patch[1].gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
gotcha. I ask because I am out of town this week and I would have brought them with me had I known. I want to get as many wears in as possible
patch[1].gif

haha you will be fine brotha ... the weather around dc area has been stifling hot and humid. this summer with 2 contest is looking real rough. i foresee a lot of shelf life on the jeans and officers sadly
frown.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
haha you will be fine brotha ... the weather around dc area has been stifling hot and humid. this summer with 2 contest is looking real rough. i foresee a lot of shelf life on the jeans and officers sadly
frown.gif

haa, I agree. I usually wear wool slacks to work so I am trying to figure out a way to sneak the officer chinos into the rotation. Im shooting for 4 wears/week. That dc area weather will only help you break in your chinos. All that sweat around the crotchery..
lol8[1].gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
haa, I agree. I usually wear wool slacks to work so I am trying to figure out a way to sneak the officer chinos into the rotation. Im shooting for 4 wears/week. That dc area weather will only help you break in your chinos. All that sweat around the crotchery..
lol8[1].gif

yeah once i start working i think i can swing 3/4 wears a week between work and weekends ... but unlike jawns i dont think i can last long without washing these bad boys especially for work haha

Blog Marley

Reaction score

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Question regarding the older? jeans. Does anyone know of any men's that had 2% lycra in them?

also I'm not sure about the rise. The fly area looks very low. But the pants are oriented the right way?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RRL-Jeans-Slim-F...#ht_500wt_1156

im fairly certain that the ones that are not 100% and have lycra for stretch are intended for women. however the slim fit is a unisex cut so you could def rock it.

my oxblood reds in 28x34 were hanging on the girls sale rack cuz they were so small (although my oxbloods dont have lycra and are 100% cotton)

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ nice, hoping there are some smaller sizes!

general question, curious to know how much one can really make by selling RRL bought from the outlets here on SF? i thought the biggest discount u can get at the outlets was 50% off?

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
^^^ nice, hoping there are some smaller sizes!

general question, curious to know how much one can really make by selling RRL bought from the outlets here on SF? i thought the biggest discount u can get at the outlets was 50% off?

I wouldn't quit your day job. If you see pieces/sizes that you know people would want, scoop them up. It's not enough to make a living but enough to fund your own B/S thread binge.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osadolor619
I wouldn't quit your day job. If you see pieces/sizes that you know people would want, scoop them up. It's not enough to make a living but enough to fund your own B/S thread binge.

I picked up a few things for myself and a few to sell.

You can get stuff more than 50% off if you know how to work it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads