• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Are there any plans to do something about the javyn problem?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
AFAIK, topless pics have never been allowed, even in DT. You can off-link to them, but you can't embed them, even with a spoiler tag.

It should be noted for those not as familiar with the technology:
Spoiler tag still downloads the images.

If you wanted to avoid having topless pics cached on your computer (you computer has no idea whether or not you actually saw the image, it just knows that it downloaded it)...the spoiler tag would not be helpful.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Are there any plans to do something about the javyn problem?

Honestly, I wil go to my grave arguing that I just don't see what everyone else sees in Javyn. The chief "problem" with Javyn is that 99% of CE is conservative, and he's liberal. Sure, he posts in a provocative and cheeky manner. But so do a lot of folks on CE. I fail to see how he's substantially different from half the posters on CE, in fact, aside from his politics. If he were "trolling" liberal posters in a similar style and manner, nobody would have a problem with him.

Every now and then, sure, you'll see his admitting to "trolling." But that's because everyone on CE jumped on him, and makes a habit of labeling him a troll, and eventually he just decided to wear it as a badge of (dis)honor.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Honestly, I wil go to my grave arguing that I just don't see what everyone else sees in Javyn. The chief "problem" with Javyn is that 99% of CE is conservative, and he's liberal. Sure, he posts in a provocative and cheeky manner. But so do a lot of folks on CE. I fail to see how he's substantially different from half the posters on CE, in fact, aside from his politics. If he were "trolling" liberal posters in a similar style and manner, nobody would have a problem with him.

Every now and then, sure, you'll see his admitting to "trolling." But that's because everyone on CE jumped on him, and makes a habit of labeling him a troll, and eventually he just decided to wear it as a badge of (dis)honor.

This is wrong pretty much from beginning to end.

Oh, but by the way, please inform javyn that he is liberal; it's something he consistently denies.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
A) CE isn't really that conservative. If you'd been around more during the Bush administration, you'd have seen it was more liberal. People just want to ***** about things.
B) Javyn never adds to any discussion. All he does is post logical fallacies and badger people for no reason.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
A) CE isn't really that conservative.
Are we talking about the same CE here? I'm a registered Republican, and I feel like a card-carrying Greenpeace member in most threads there. There was a recent discussion, for heaven's sake, in which a consensus seemed to form that poor people in this country should be disenfranchised and/or that a higher income should earn you multiple votes. I mean, that's beyond conservative; that's pre-Revolutionary.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same CE here?

I'm a registered Republican, and I feel like a card-carrying Greenpeace member in most threads there.

Maybe it just seems conservative b/c the conservatives for the most part run the place, since, at least in CE, they're the ones who actually think about things and post them and talk about them. The liberals in CE are for the most part dipshits, aka, Javyn, Teger, Nameback.

Although I agree that thread was pretty disgusting and kinda pissed me off.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same CE here?

I'm a registered Republican, and I feel like a card-carrying Greenpeace member in most threads there.

lolque?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be a little silly to argue that the discussion in CE is not dominated by conservative voices. AF alone is continually jindabombing it - remember, he started some 130 threads to bash OBangyama.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Maybe it just seems conservative b/c the conservatives for the most part run the place, since, at least in CE, they're the ones who actually think about things and post them and talk about them. The liberals in CE are for the most part dipshits, aka, Javyn, Teger, Nameback.

Although I agree that thread was pretty disgusting and kinda pissed me off.

Again, your stance is clouding your judgment here. Javyn? Kind of a dipshit, if not a troll per se. Nameback? Hardly a dipshit. Some of the more eloquent analysis I've seen in CE has come from him, even if I don't always agree with it. Teger? Haven't read enough of his posts to form a cogent opinion.

Also, how is conservatives' "running the place" any different from the forum's being predominantly conservative? I realize those are technically two different things, but the outcome is the same.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
It would be a little silly to argue that the discussion in CE is not dominated by conservative voices.

Dominated?

I think, right now, Kyle is right because we have a particularly low grade crop of liberals. But quality comes and goes. Also, some of the best such as rach are not conservative, if not exactly easily definable libs either. Conne posts a lot and mostly has worthwhile things to say and he is quite liberal.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Dominated?

I think, right now, Kyle is right because we have a particularly low grade crop of liberals. But quality comes and goes. Also, some of the best such as rach are not conservative, if not exactly easily definable libs either. Conne posts a lot and mostly has worthwhile things to say and he is quite liberal.

I'd argue that the liberals get badgered and dogpiled into submission or flight. Those who stick around are either gluttons for punishment, provocateurs of some stripe, or haven't gotten burned out yet.

Conne may be liberal, but he's hardly a counterweight to the predominantly conservative consensus in CE.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely dominated. Anyone who tries to argue anything there that's vaguely liberal gets gang-banged by the established same 5 guys who try to corner them on the basis of 7th grade logic and debate classes, with little respect for their opinion.

Not to mention the obvious demographic tilts of a forum dedicated to multi-thousand dollar clothing habits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads