• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I forgive them for the whole making Drogo a ****** thing. Now its like "he respects strength" thing, which fits, and as long as Dany is strong and sort of stands up to him, he'll respect her, making their character development work.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was kind of a kid when I originally read the books, and watching the second episode has me reconsidering the merits of GRRM's entire series.

In a 5-minute span we have a touching subplot with a 9 year old girl protagonist and her wolf cub juxtaposed with Dany taking it from behind and dyking it up with her handmaiden. Exactly what audience is this written for and how do the graphic/corny sex scenes advance the story?

And that's how all the books in the series read. There is wholesome stuff that I would sit down and watch with my nieces and nephews- like the fat Sam kid overcoming adversity on the wall- only to have it followed up by a midget getting ******** sucked.

The **** and ass on HBO have been fun and grade-A, but I think the series would be better served leaving some things to the imagination and looking for a wider audience.

Really, the storyline and characters are the stuff of Young Adult Fiction. But always puncuated with R-rated content.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an odd story in some sense. It reminds me of the first season of Torchwood, it was all goofy storyline with copious language, and (off-screen) sex. But this I think is suppose to be for the 18-40 demo, so they'll avoid the cheese and stick with the (unnecessary at times) sex.

BTW: Renewed for another season.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
I'll end up watching every episode, but I'm not enjoying the show.

this.

i feel like they're focusing too much on the sexual aspects of the show rather than developing the characters/story-line.

I'm not exactly sure who to "root" what the purpose of the show is, etc. I realize they're establishing character bases but i feel like it's taking a little too long.

the two things i remember from the past 2 episodes:

- weird orgy thing with the savages (sorry forgot their name)
- getting taught how to please ****** man

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
Peter Dinklage must really be loving this show. It's got to be the best dramatic role ever written for a dwarf.

He's killing it, too. Shame that Dinklage will never get to be considered "a great actor" instead of "a great dwarf actor"

I was disappointed that they made Drogo a sexual thug. The way the wedding night scene developed in the novel was one of the many pleasant surprises in the book, although it might have been difficult to express on film.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yjeezle
this.

i feel like they're focusing too much on the sexual aspects of the show rather than developing the characters/story-line.

I'm not exactly sure who to "root" what the purpose of the show is, etc. I realize they're establishing character bases but i feel like it's taking a little too long.

the two things i remember from the past 2 episodes:

- weird orgy thing with the savages (sorry forgot their name)
- getting taught how to please ****** man

A large part of the series is that you do root for different people, in different parts.

matik23

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
A large part of the series is that you do root for different people, in different parts.

I'm pretty sure the Queen and her twin brother lover are the clear cut bad guys. The prince is a waste of skin too.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Really, the storyline and characters are the stuff of Young Adult Fiction. But always puncuated with R-rated content.
You just described the ideal entertainment product for 18-35 year old males.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matik23
I'm pretty sure the Queen and her twin brother lover are the clear cut bad guys. The prince is a waste of skin too.

You might be surprised. Rarely is anything clear cut in A Song of Ice and Fire...

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
You might be surprised. Rarely is anything clear cut in A Song of Ice and Fire...

I spoiled everything for myself by reading wikipedia lol. Just couldn't wait!

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reezy
I spoiled everything for myself by reading wikipedia lol. Just couldn't wait!

didn't read all of it but i'm pretty excited to see how that white girl turns out...

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Minor spoiler for who to root for (somewhat obvious)
Root for Jon, Arya and Bran - these are the unambiguous fan favourites. Dany (white girl) gets a lot of flack. The only unambigous bad guys are the Others/White Walkers/Wights.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
fwiw jon is the best character in the series and bran is the worst.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
fwiw jon is the best character in the series and bran is the worst.

I'd say Brienne is worse.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i dont consider brienne (or that ****** last book) part of asoif canon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads