• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marshall Anthony
Shirt and Tie: Marshall Anthony

Any details about this? I really like both the shirt and tie. Do you run your own clothing co?

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Late shots...I've been working like a dog on a big project due end of week. And Louisville is on its way to being underwater.
ffffuuuu.gif

3d10fae3.jpg

photo2-1.jpg
photo1-1.jpg
09f88dbb.jpg

At least you have the right shoes on for it. Stay dry!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Good pose, crusty.

I think sitting pics go wrong more often than right. Fred## and nii have shown good examples, but the risk of failure is high, IMO. I will admit pics without shoes on (yes, people still do that) are even worse. (Is this a "just saying" moment?)

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
Wow what a contrast to NM - "March 2011 ranked as the third driest in the last 117 years."
plain.gif

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Keep me up to date on the flooding.

Mike

Originally Posted by acridsheep
At least you have the right shoes on for it. Stay dry!

We're supposed to get 5+ more inches of rain between now and Wednesday, and if the river rises 10 more feet like they say it could, it'd put it in the top ten all time floods. Not catastrophic, but still enough to make things difficult.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marshall Anthony
Yes, online retail (www.marshallanthony.com) at the moment of mainly neckwear crafted by my own hand. I personally craft neckties, bowties, handkerchiefs, and braces. PM me for more info or item specific inquiry. I'm still a newbie on the forum getting into the swing of things.
teacha.gif

Really clean and good looking site. Some lovely stuff there.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Nice hair

Originally Posted by NOBD
I think sitting pics go wrong more often than right. Fred## and nii have shown good examples, but the risk of failure is high, IMO. I will admit pics without shoes on (yes, people still do that) are even worse. (Is this a "just saying" moment?)

I don't get the love for Fred's photos. He seems to get unanimous praise for his pics which appear to show beautiful suit fabrics and nice shirt, tie and shoe combinations (in a nicely appointed pad) but it's impossible to tell how they fit with him always being sat down.
As for the chairs, my parents had black vinyl versions of them in the seventies and they should remain in the seventies!

cronicmole

Reaction score
acecow--that bag in the picture Saturday errands is mad feminine.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I don't get the love for Fred's photos. He seems to get unanimous praise for his pics which appear to show beautiful suit fabrics and nice shirt, tie and shoe combinations (in a nicely appointed pad) but it's impossible to tell how they fit with him always being sat down.
I understand what you're saying. What I was saying (or trying to say), is that most sitting pics look silly; the ones I remember from Fred and nii don't. I agree you can't see much in them, in terms of fit.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cronicmole
acecow--that bag in the picture Saturday errands is mad feminine.

Well, it's a regular unisex cotton tote that I use for groceries or carrying whatever is needed from one place to another. I certainly don't see it as feminine, even after taking another look upon reading your comment.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice car diggers. Everything else ...
Originally Posted by ctp120
digmenow, I dig the digmobile.
Well, at least I got one thing right.
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Digmenow, don't take this personally, but this fit is all kinds of awful. The trousers are too big for you, and at least 2" too long (although I think you recognize they are too big, so don't hesitate, buy some new ones, today); the colors are all reminiscent of autumn, very drab, and then boom, the blue shoes.
I'm having difficulty adjusting to a sleeker fit so sizing is a new issue for me. Those were a bit big in the waist and had slipped down, giving the impression of too much length. The blue shoes seemed like a much better idea when I thought of it than when I saw them in the pics. I think I need to learn to walk before I try to run.
Originally Posted by jobro
+1. Standing in front of that car also gives me the impression of used car salesman.
First good top down day and I didn't have a pic of myself with the car...Looks like I still don't!
Originally Posted by fritzl
you already have the right car. are these the original rims? they look like a newer version. probably for US restrictments.
Good eye. The car is an '81 and came with 'bundt' alloys in 14" but a previous owner made the swap to the '92 15" alloy, allowing a MUCH larger selection of performance tires.
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Dear god, Dig. No. Just no.
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Yup.
Message received. It's just that I've got a need for that BB seersucker SC next month and I have to find a way to make it work. This, obviously, wasn't it!
ahhh.gif
Originally Posted by acridsheep
digmenow_yourapplicationhasbeendenied.jpg

rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
Thanks for taking the time, gents. A journey of a thousand miles starts with eggs in a basket...or something like that.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD

As for the chairs, my parents had black vinyl versions of them in the seventies and they should remain in the seventies!

I understand both points. Seated poses tend to emphasize every ounce of excess avoirdupois - the pose that I took in today's "extra" shot avoided most of that phenomenon. Trust me, I am more than somewhat sensitive to looking fatter than IRL.

As for Fred's photos, it's amazing that he can look that good seated, but, for forensic sartorialism (i.e. so that the rest of us can see exactly how well put together he is), it runs counter to that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads