• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artking3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
And, I promised you guys an OCBD....

5638903414_f03dbb06d4_m.jpg

Ashland for Epaulet Blue Oxford Cloth Buttondown Collar: $165

This is one of the greatest OCBD's that I've ever seen. We pulled out all the stops with 2-ply Italian Pima Cotton and MOP buttons. It's stunning in person.

This looks really nice, but how is it much better than the Epaulet 'Mens Point Collar Oxford Shirt Blue, if one already has the other?

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...-Oxford/Detail

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, guys - I appreciate it! I just placed an order for a pair of the Navy poplin trousers. I decided to hold off on the British Khakis, as the color isn't what I was personally looking for. I guess I'll just have to wait until Epaulet decides to release a pair of chinos in a more khaki-ish color.
blush.gif

Mike, is there any word on when the service pants are going to be dropping? Definitely want a pair of those for sure.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Golden Khaki and the 12oz Stone didn't do it for you?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there a special code for shipping/returns? sheepishly it's my first purchase from epaulet

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
^ Golden Khaki and the 12oz Stone didn't do it for you?
The 12oz Heavyweight Stone is more in line with the color I'm looking for, but I'm afraid that the weight isn't going to cut it for the Texas summer. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking for something closer to this color in the rivet chino cut. The golden khaki is a little too gold for my tastes, although I suppose... the goldness is the point.

Originally Posted by poly800rock
is there a special code for shipping/returns? sheepishly it's my first purchase from epaulet
Epaulet offers free shipping CONUS, and free returns for StyleForum members. Really great return/exchange policy.
wink.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
I'm definitely for the seam taping...I almost always cuff shorts and would love the detail either way...at 9.5" I could probably swing one cuff. Very excited about these. What colors are you producing?

Cool, you guys are totally right - we're going to roll with the seam taping for the shorts. It might raise the final price to $115, but it's worth it.

Originally Posted by Kagemusha
Mike, have you ever contemplated doing polo shirts? With shorts on the website for about a year now, I figured this may of crossed your mind.

Thanks!

I've definitely thought about it. I've got a challenge there though. I honestly think that Fred Perry made in UK polos are the best polos available anywhere. I personally wear them 6x a week. It's tough for me to improve upon those!

If I made a polo, it would have to be up to those quality standards. And it's reason to exist would be colors - Fred Perry's made in England line is kind of limited in colors each season, so we could bring in some more aggressive tones that they don't typically offer. Always a consideration. Polo shirts are definitely my favorite article of clothing.

Originally Posted by interlockingny
Mike,

What are the measurements for size XL in the Gitman shirts? It only shows to large on the site. Thanks.

Ah sorry about that. Here's the measurements from our Ashland striped oxford in XL:

Chest: 25.5
Shoulder: 20.5
Sleeve: 26.75
Length: 33

Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Ordered several items this week and capped it off a few minutes ago with the "go to hell pink walts".
smile.gif

Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by steviecakes
Any plans to carry any swimwear? I feel like if anyone were to find the perfect shorts for guys (not too long, not too short) it would be you

Unfortunately no. Here in NYC, we just don't have enough of a customer for it. But check out either Baron Wells or Parke & Ronen - both of them make swimwear in the States, and I've heard very good things about both lines.

Originally Posted by *#..
Mike, I might be nitpicking, but is there any particular reason why you don't take pictures of someone wearing all of your products?

It's just time. I'd love to shoot every item, but it's just not realistic at the moment, given the sheer volume of product that we put online. I typically do it with jackets, but we don't usually do it with shirts, pants, and chinos, as our customers are usually familiar with the fits of ongoing items.

But, I can generally shoot fit pics within reason, so feel free to ask for them and I'll see what I can do.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artking3
This looks really nice, but how is it much better than the Epaulet 'Mens Point Collar Oxford Shirt Blue, if one already has the other?

Added value is going to be in the materials and construction. It's a darted Gitman without alteration costs. Obviously, it's also a button down collar, and a perfectly executed one at that.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nineohtoo
Any pics of the service pants, will they be available in gunmetal, grey and when should we expect them? Also any ideas what fabrics you've got coming up for the short sleeves? Thanks.

Right now, this is the only pic of the service pant as I had to send the sample back to LA:

5658711052_fcde99656a.jpg

For this first production, we're just running it in a dark olive green UK Royal Air Force fabric. The pocket design is taken from a vintage UK military pant, so I thought that it complemented it nicely. The fabric comes from the same mill as British Khaki, so it's a nice lighter weight. Provided that the shape is a success, then we'll quickly punch it out in new fabrics.

For short sleeves, I've got a great Navy-based madras coming in, and we'll definitely work on a solid piece too - probably a light chambray or so.

Originally Posted by ahjota
Going in on an Ashland shirt, the linen trousers, and a pair of chinos sometime this week. Good stuff, Mike.
smile.gif

Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by Defpax
Just received a pair of rivet chinos and must stay they are worth every penny. Going to purchase a British khaki pair soon!

Awesome, really glad that you're pleased with it!

Originally Posted by kgmessier
I'm surprised Mike hasn't put the chinos in their own section, or at least relabeled the "Denim" section. The chinos seem to be some of the most popular Epaulet items.

You're totally right, these deserve to be first in the category. I'll switch that up later this week. Good call!

Originally Posted by Artking3

The fabric is finer, lighter, and pricier. This shirt uses Italian oxford, while the point collar uses Japanese oxford. This has mother of pearl buttons versus trocas buttons.

IMO it's a nice compliment to the point collar oxford. Not necessarily better, but a different vibe overall.

Originally Posted by jslade
Thanks for the help, guys - I appreciate it! I just placed an order for a pair of the Navy poplin trousers. I decided to hold off on the British Khakis, as the color isn't what I was personally looking for. I guess I'll just have to wait until Epaulet decides to release a pair of chinos in a more khaki-ish color.
blush.gif

Mike, is there any word on when the service pants are going to be dropping? Definitely want a pair of those for sure.

Thank you! Yes, Service Pants should be here in about four weeks, along with chino shorts, new chinos in navy and khaki canvas, and a restock of a bunch of chino colors (Gunmetal, Moss, British Khaki).

Originally Posted by poly800rock

Thank you! Shipping is free and pretty fast to LA. If you need to return anything, please feel free to PM or email me - we'll get it sorted.

Originally Posted by jslade
The 12oz Heavyweight Stone is more in line with the color I'm looking for, but I'm afraid that the weight isn't going to cut it for the Texas summer. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, the 12oz Stone isn't super heavy, but that's going to be too thick for Texas. Most guys buying that now are in Northern States, Canada, the Pacific Northwest, or Northern Europe.

But I'll have you covered shortly. Our new delivery of Rivet Chinos will introduce US-made canvas fabrics. They have a nice lighter 8oz weight and a great hand. Plus, the cost is reasonable, so they'll come in at at $135 retail. We'll get it in a very straight-up stone Khaki tone - very similar in color to the 12ozs. Should be here in about 4 weeks.

jeisurii

Reaction score
Yesterday was a sad day for the girlfriend's favorite shirt of mine.
frown.gif

sad-face.jpg

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the 12oz Stone isn't super heavy, but that's going to be too thick for Texas. Most guys buying that now are in Northern States, Canada, the Pacific Northwest, or Northern Europe.

But I'll have you covered shortly. Our new delivery of Rivet Chinos will introduce US-made canvas fabrics. They have a nice lighter 8oz weight and a great hand. Plus, the cost is reasonable, so they'll come in at at $135 retail. We'll get it in a very straight-up stone Khaki tone - very similar in color to the 12ozs. Should be here in about 4 weeks.

Too sweet. I'll be the first to kop those new khaki chinos and the service pants as soon as they drop on the e-store. Epaulet is going to be bringing it again.
devil.gif

daev

Reaction score
How about a what's new section on the store site? The tumblr feed works, but the SF thread is updated more often.

Gruntle

Reaction score
When will you get a restock on the larger sizes for the 12 oz chino?

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've definitely thought about it. I've got a challenge there though. I honestly think that Fred Perry made in UK polos are the best polos available anywhere. I personally wear them 6x a week. It's tough for me to improve upon those! If I made a polo, it would have to be up to those quality standards. And it's reason to exist would be colors - Fred Perry's made in England line is kind of limited in colors each season, so we could bring in some more aggressive tones that they don't typically offer. Always a consideration. Polo shirts are definitely my favorite article of clothing.
Someone has yet to discover Sunspel.
teacha.gif

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Thanks for the photos. Hope we get to see some of them being worn soon. Also any chance of black denim being restocked in smaller sizes(or maybe there's a 28 lying around lol), or did I miss my chance already?

AHShadow

Reaction score
Hey Mike, Please check your PMs!
smile.gif
THanks, Alexander

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads