• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big Feet, want some stylish minimal sneakers, help

some_guy

Reaction score
I want some low profile sneakers, gray or black, not a lot of detail, nice construction, that will last me a while. I don't mind paying 200 - 250 USD or so. The problem, I am about a size 14 shoe (13.5 to be exact, but they don't make that, so I usually have to choose between a 13 or 14 depending on fit). I also have narrow feet.

I am having the worst time finding a shoe I like that would fit. I like the look of mmm's and cp's (not sure about comfort, apparently mmm's are really comfortable), but finding one in my size seems to be basically impossible.

I usually end up buying puma's in 14s, but am sick of them. What would you do in my situation?

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This really should go into the small questions thread. But maybe you could try on MMM's in 46 and see if they fit? (sz 13)

edit - you could also try Lanvin black captoes, they all run super big and you might be able to get on that works.

some_guy

Reaction score
mmm's in 46 would be awesome. Just the problem of finding them. Apparently they have a store in Greenwich Village which is close to me. I will run in there and check them out.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by some_guy
I want some low profile sneakers, gray or black, not a lot of detail, nice construction, that will last me a while. I don't mind paying 200 - 250 USD or so. The problem, I am about a size 14 shoe (13.5 to be exact, but they don't make that, so I usually have to choose between a 13 or 14 depending on fit). I also have narrow feet. I am having the worst time finding a shoe I like that would fit. I like the look of mmm's and cp's (not sure about comfort, apparently mmm's are really comfortable), but finding one in my size seems to be basically impossible. I usually end up buying puma's in 14s, but am sick of them. What would you do in my situation?
yup, margiela's are extremely comfortable, however, balenciaga's, rafs, margielas, ysl, etc. are going to be in the $400-$600+ price range. i bet you can find some cps in the $200-$300 range w/o much difficultly, especially given your shoe size. rfx45 has a really cool sneaker blog but most of them are going to be well-above your price range: http://luxesneakers.tumblr.com/ edit: marc jacobs might have some lower price sneakers that might work for you as well. check out ssense: http://www.ssense.com/men/designers/marc_jacobs

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
But he can prob get MMM's on sale because not many people rock a size 46

yeah, he can probably find the gats for $250+ but it might be difficult to find margiela mid or highs. i woudnt necessarily describe the margiela gats as low profile either. in fact, i wouldnt describe any of their designs as low profile but maybe thats just me.

UserName84

Reaction score
Ive bought 2 pairs of mmm gats size 46 for $225 and $250. Just wait for sales time they are always there. Dunno if they would fit a 13/14 size foot but since your feet are narrow they might be able to.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do your feet look when you're wearing skinny jeans? Curious.

Tanner

Reaction score
mmm's in 46 will NOT fit a 13.5. I am a true 13 and all of my 46's (his and lows) take about a month to break in before they are not super tight. Lanvin 12's or CP 46 would probably work for you.

Tanner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
13 or 14US feet look out of place if your under like 6'1" otherwise they look normal even with super slim denim.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tanner
mmm's in 46 will NOT fit a 13.5. I am a true 13 and all of my 46's (his and lows) take about a month to break in before they are not super tight. Lanvin 12's or CP 46 would probably work for you.

lanvins are a good idea but are going to be way out of the guys price range.

*#..

Reaction score
Go buy some Common Projects in a size 46 (US 13), they run a bit long. I measure a 7.5, and I wear a 40 (US 7).

some_guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
No problem I don't think. My girlfriend says I don't really look right in anything else. I am 6'5" so that probably helps. Also I tend to wear narrower shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads