• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handmade Leather Artisan

Bash!

Reaction score
Slim Belt I just finished with Stainless Steel hardware
5634168193_517e419022.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice belt, Bash. Do you burnish the edges at all? It's fun to develop one's own technique...

hollowsleather

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted here, so here's a few of my favorite photos from the last few weeks...
5614890876_91f5cf0871.jpg
5605791361_72d050fb0b.jpg
5582400786_786c43d062.jpg
5469905902_bab0012e8a.jpg

Bash!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
That's great dude, looks just like tanner. Are you selling?

Thank you very much. I'd definitely be up for making a belt for you. I'll shoot you a PM.

Bash!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Nice belt, Bash. Do you burnish the edges at all? It's fun to develop one's own technique...

Thank you for the compliment zissou. Means a lot coming from A skilled artisan such as yourself
smile.gif
I do burnish my edges generally using water, gum tragacanth, and finishing with beeswax. I was experimenting with a different technique with this. The edges definitely came out more ragged, but the look grew on me so I kept it as is.

Bash!

Reaction score
Made a quick trip to Tandy today to pick up some leather from the scrap bin for my first attempt at hand stitching. I decided to make a card holder. All in all it was very fun, but there's so much to learn and practice. I used a diamond awl 4 prong tool. I'm not sure I like how the holes turned out, but I'm guessing it's due to my lack of experience. I am open to any tips and techniques that you guys use.
5643704411_24ba0a027c.jpg
5643704723_c714fb8953.jpg

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump for the boys at OGL!! after a bunch of searching and consideration, I recently purchased an Condor veg tan mid wallet w/rein from them. Johnny out of the SG HQ is super nice, and answered all my questions.

17032011%2020.jpg

This wallet is hella beefy, and quite a bit bulkier than I initally figured. My wife says it looks like an old lady's clutch, which I can totally see
smile.gif

Looking forward to a nice tan, and indigo staining on this badboy. Both are starting to come thru. Plus a few jokes from those that just don't understand how cool I am with my man clutch!

Any feelings on wearing a rein on the loop next to the back pocket? thats how I used to wear chain wallets, but the leather kinda bows out with a leather rein. anyone ever get harrased for doing this?
smile.gif
not sure how I feel about the rein in general. sorta eyein a tether, and use it in the same way... any thoughts there?

Bash!

Reaction score
Nice watch band hollows! What weight leather did you use? I've been meaning to make one for my father.

abeezy21

Reaction score
Another one from the good people of OGL ... I love it but its hard getting used to since im going from a thin little wallet to this

photo-82.jpg

hollowsleather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bash!
Nice watch band hollows! What weight leather did you use? I've been meaning to make one for my father.

That one is two layers of 4-5oz, and it was a good "thick but not too thick" weight in the end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads