• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rayson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
for fuxx sake
facepalm.gif

Don't do anything that is advertised as "original hem", that **** looks horrible. Much better to do a plain $5 hem

Nobody needs this now probably, but I'm gonna have a go at being clearer. Bloody words. I wasn't clear enough Deez. Yeah, if you want to shorten your jeans and keep them chain-stitched you can also have somebody tailor them and keep the actual, original cuff, but you'll hear plenty of people tell you that **** can look horrible. Perhaps the only two real choices then are plain hem or get them to a chain-stitch machine.

The hems of my Levi's, Lee, Sugar Cane and RRL came chain-stitched. That's what jeans used to have, it's a detail these and similar manufacturers put on their vintage-style jeans and that's why I wanted to keep them that way, so I took them to somebody with a Union Special to shorten them. What's more, I wear a turn-up and that means you can see the chain-stitch effect in all its glory. (Rayson says one turn-up rather than more looks and stays looking best.) Chain-stitches can loosen, but it's never become a problem to me. Not in the way that heroin has, anyway.

Nice belt.

el duderino

Reaction score

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rayson
Nobody needs this now probably, but I'm gonna have a go at being clearer. Bloody words. I wasn't clear enough Deez. Yeah, if you want to shorten your jeans and keep them chain-stitched you can also have somebody tailor them and keep the actual, original cuff, but you'll hear plenty of people tell you that **** can look horrible. Perhaps the only two real choices then are plain hem or get them to a chain-stitch machine. The hems of my Levi's, Lee, Sugar Cane and RRL came chain-stitched. That's what jeans used to have, it's a detail these and similar manufacturers put on their vintage-style jeans and that's why I wanted to keep them that way, so I took them to somebody with a Union Special to shorten them. What's more, I wear a turn-up and that means you can see the chain-stitch effect in all its glory. (Rayson says one turn-up rather than more looks and stays looking best.) Chain-stitches can loosen, but it's never become a problem to me. Not in the way that heroin has, anyway. Nice belt.
haha rayson, thanks for the tip and the clarification. from searching the archives it seems that 45rpm and BiG do chain stitching in NYC, so i'll check them out this weekend. edit: 45rpm no longer does hemming unless you buy their denim, and BiG is charging $30!

Rayson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
45rpm no longer does hemming unless you buy their denim, and BiG is charging $30!

The cost is the big fat downside. Self Edge does it for $25 a pop apparently, which is a little cheaper. 157 Orchard Street NY.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think self edge is 25 if its their denim and like 35 if its not or something to that effect

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone remember which collection this is from? gonna throw this in the MP tonight, at school right now. size L if anyone is interested.

a0383525.jpg

1d19ac25.jpg

a6d93a36.jpg

el duderino

Reaction score
does anyone remember which collection this is from? gonna throw this in the MP tonight, at school right now. size L if anyone is interested.

a0383525.jpg

1d19ac25.jpg

a6d93a36.jpg

Grand Canyon, did you somehow get that on sale?

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
Grand Canyon, did you somehow get that on sale?

thanks el duderino.
i did, but forgot how much. will be pricing that to move (at least IMO).

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Nice Piece. Would that it were a medium I would make you an offer now. I imagine it will go quickly.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks el duderino. i did, but forgot how much. will be pricing that to move (at least IMO).
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads