• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

reezy

Reaction score
Finally found a small Gitman overdyed indigo shirt. Fit is just right
biggrin.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
tonio, keep those boots. Do rollups if necessary, those boots are indeed cute.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
it's nasal and screamed, but yes, it sounds like 'kawaiiiiiii'

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aE7eX.jpg

Good looks to tonio!!!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Beautiful boots, scott. I've been wishing that my coffee Tricker's had a natural edge sole.

Originally Posted by BB1
wjk belt

wjk_belt1.jpg

Look at that waxy leather!
drool.gif

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
helmut lang and uniqlo cropped pants. Going to wear them all summer long.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scott and tonio those are some awesome boots. Going to purchase a pair!

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
wjk 3-pack tees (gray)

http://dslnorthwest.net/~barryb/d/wjk_gray3.jpg[img]

wjk belt

[img]http://dslnorthwest.net/~barryb/d/wjk_belt1.jpg[img][/I]

I really like the hem and collar details on the t-shirt. Belt is all kinds of awesome too.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I currently use Etymotic Research ER-4 in-ear headphones when flying on planes. They are really great in this context since even with fairly soft music you rarely hear any plane noise.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er4.html

A few years back I tried listening to various over the ear headphones at a store. I don't recall the exact models, but Denon and Grado were among them. The sound was just so muddy compared to the highly detailed and clear Etymotics that I walked away dismayed and unimpressed.

The only thing I don't like about Etymotics is the lack of impact in the bass. The ultra low frequencies are definitely there as good as anything else, but there is often an odd lack of impact to it. But outside of this one shortcoming, I have a difficult time imagining ANY of these other headphones can beat the detail and clarity.

I had been thinking about trying the more expensive Ultimate Ears in-ear phones hoping they'd provide both extreme clarity and bass impact, but ever since Logitech bought them I have doubts.

Yeah ER6is are my go to. For the price point I think they can't be beat, but I like a treble friendly sound anyway. If you want to go up the tier then you need to check out the JH brand (Jerry Harvey) he's the guy who basically ultimate ears and he left when they sold and started his own company. JH13s are probably the most accurate IEM out there that can extend to 20khz (Etys top out at 16khz) with 6 drivers. JH-16s were released a year later with I believe more bass/mids emphasis... not cheap stuff but if you want to max out IEMS custom JHs are the way to go.

coldforge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
helmut lang and uniqlo cropped pants. Going to wear them all summer long.

Is there a relationship between these and the +J pant things? Because those are kind of like, I dunno, 3/4 pants or capris.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads