• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
All Together

tq7pI.jpg

nbRgS.jpg

B971X.jpg

Wow didn't see this last week.
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Aportnoy-esque!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, NOBD, have you ever scuffed a pair of suede shoes this bad? At first I thought it was some kind of salt leftover from the winter that got washed away by rain yesterday. But it seems I've torn all the suede hairs off.

2vdfoz5.jpg

BrooklynWeGoHard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Also, NOBD, have you ever scuffed a pair of suede shoes this bad? At first I thought it was some kind of salt leftover from the winter that got washed away by rain yesterday. But it seems I've torn all the suede hairs off.

2vdfoz5.jpg

wow-ouch

wouch

EF

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone reckon I could put some suede dye on to make the spot darker? These have been relegated to "beater" status but the scuffs still look awful. I still can't figure out how it happened.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New idea: I think it could be some kind of asphalt from road construction that dried up and settled into the fibers.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aportnoy-esque!

laugh.gif
Not really. That's the amount he wears per day, probably, and it's almost all I got.

Ouch indeed. No, haven't had such bad luck. The only thing I can think of is to put some colour on it to make the spot less obvious, like you mentioned yourself. And then just keep wearing them; consider it character.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New idea: I think it could be some kind of asphalt from road construction that dried up and settled into the fibers.

Missed this one. Hm, can you perhaps carefully scrape/brush it off with a wire brush? Maybe wait for other suggestions first...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, NOBD, have you ever scuffed a pair of suede shoes this bad?

2vdfoz5.jpg

are you sure this is suede leather? looks like a derivative made from plastic fibres, like velvet or so.
real leather would tear apart.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
are you sure this is suede leather? looks like a derivative made from plastic fibres, like velvet or so.
real leather would tear apart.

They are indeed suede. The suede has been "erased" and brushed a LOT.

heartlessphil

Reaction score
ultimate comfort for summer time!
What do you suggest to protect em? any good product I should use? all i have at the moment is foot locker spray for nuckbuck or something like that.

kitsune-quoddy-venetian-moccasins-maine-ss2011-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads