• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Beijing encore -- linen suits

otheme

Reaction score
D&J in Beijing kept my patterns. I left them some linen fabrics to have two suits made in Jan. The suits arrived yesterday. Fitting was overall very good. Patch pockets on the beige jacket could be better. Vests for both suits are a bit tight across the chest. (These are fresh out of the box.) For each suit: fabric: RMB 120 (about $20); labor: RMB 900 ($140) See my older posts about the in-store experience: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=220972 http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=219746

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fine for the price. I'd probably not gone for such a high buttoning waistcoat though.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Colonel Sanders wore one in white. It's a classic look.

I like those two suits. Simple but elegant. No 'fashiony' details.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
The tan linen suit looks great. Excellent fit in shoulders/chest and the sleeves look great.

But why a 3-piece in linen, though?

I was thinking the same thing...

Linen is more casual look but it is a question of personal preference at the end...

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To judge the performance properly it would be helpful to have 'full body' views with and without the coat, front and rear. That way the trousers can be seen.

The interior of the coat can be revealing of quality as well.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Throat latch on linen?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but then I have a Luciano Barbera linen tweed with a throat latch. I'm still not sure when I'm supposed to wear it.

otheme

Reaction score
I got 3.5 meters of fabric each, so I just told them to throw in a vest. It's a very heavy weight linen. I plan to wear them in Spring/Fall.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the beige one OP, the navy one though doesn't seem as flattering to your bodytype; though that could just be the camera angles.

I have yet to get a jacket a liked the look of while it was buttoned, so I like your strategy of getting vests and leaving it unbuttoned; plus it's probably more comfortable.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I'm still not sure when I'm supposed to wear it.

In bad weather (not that any one actually uses it anymore) which is not when you wear linen. Otherwise, I like these.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
I think they look great.

They scream of personal style.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think they're okay, and don't scream personal stye to be honest. I'm not sure about wearing linen in spring/ autumn though.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
I think they're okay, and don't scream personal stye to be honest. I'm not sure about wearing linen in spring/ autumn though.

Where else have you seen a linen 3-piece with a throat latch?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads