• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2010-2011 Season

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
******* refs, tv time out on icing?!

They were consistent all game, at least. Too bad about Schneider, but Canucks are fine in game 7. Well done by the Hawks to stretch it out this long.

Pangolin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chargersfan
Bettman has the refs in his pocket...and it's preordained that Chicago will win. I didn't really mean that I hope the Blackf&gs die in a horrible plane crash in shark infested waters....I hope they survive a horrible plane crash in shark infested waters...and die slowly as punk chum.

Their plane could simply fall in lake Michigan. With the whole team wearing their gear. In February.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chargersfan
Bettman has the refs in his pocket...and it's preordained that Chicago will win. I didn't really mean that I hope the Blackf&gs die in a horrible plane crash in shark infested waters....I hope they survive a horrible plane crash in shark infested waters...and die slowly as punk chum.

See what I meant about not getting emotionally invested?

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
See what I meant about not getting emotionally invested?
Do you take this position with love as well?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by octopandda
Their plane could simply fall in lake Michigan. With the whole team wearing their gear. In February.
The Canucks would still likely find a way to sink faster.
rimshot.gif

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
******* refs, tv time out on icing?!

I only saw one game in the Flyers series but the reffing was pretty atrocious. My friend pointed out that it's been bad throughout the whole series. Apparently, against the Flyers.

marchal.gif

Anyone have a video of what happened when the Saber's player got cut in game 6? I saw the check and then him skating off the ice while throwing his gloves off but I couldn't really see what or how he was cut?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously pissed at Vancouver right now.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
Anyone have a video of what happened when the Saber's player got cut in game 6? I saw the check and then him skating off the ice while throwing his gloves off but I couldn't really see what or how he was cut?

here.

cut in game 5...possibly out for the playoffs.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Bieksa's hit by bickell = same as torres hit ? Why not outcry?
Bieksa popped right back up and skated to the bench.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so no difference

Despite teh outcome of the game, i feel confident - we dominated the end of that game. Just a combination of a lot of blocked shots and horrific non-calls against us (that slash by bolland against the Sedins? Holy ****, that's a penalty 99999999% of the time.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incredible collapse. Sad thing is, if Schneider would've just not misplayed one of those pucks, it'd be game over. Good on the Preds for FINALLY winning a series. I have a soft spot for Finnish netminders and Trotz is doing good things there. Don't mind gratuitous Underwood shots in between the action either... edit: Barrington you failed to actually point out how other sports are "better." Clearly every sport has good guys and bad guys, I'm talking about the overall culture of the game. Hockey is physical, people get hurt - it only makes sense that the major issues relating to that sport involve that. Other sports have far, far, far worse things to deal with than mis-or-un-punished plays. It IS a one dimensional problem. You failed to detail how corruption charges from match fixing (soccer) and rampant drug abuse (baseball) is somehow less of an issue than inconsistent discipline. Players answering to no one? Where? When? Boudreau saying MSG is quiet and people complaining about calls isn't some cancer that's going to ruin the game. Consistent punishment for out-of-line physical behaviour will solve a lot of problems. Are you really surprised that "players have no respect for eachother?" They get lauded for laying guys out on the ice. Again, physical game - not surprising that a sport that punishes fistfights with 5 minute penalties as opposed to assault charges would involve some degree of elevated animosity between players. Either way you seem to be pretty cynical regarding the topic; I don't blame you given who's in charge of the NHL right now. That being said, the NHL isn't "rotten to the core." They need to change a few things, but I think you would really benefit from taking some time away from the game and re-examining why you actually like the sport - the last few pages have been nothing but sour grapes. There is still hope for hockey
smile.gif

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Bieksa popped right back up and skated to the bench.

Also, it happened in overtime. If it had happened in regulation it would have been a penalty.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a devastating loss for Vancouver. They can talk all they want about momentum and how they controlled the pace in overtime but they lost the game. The Hawks, wether you like them or not, have won the games that matter in the past two years. Vancouver has not.
If Roberto Reboundo gets the start in Game 7 I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him collapse. He just seems to have lost it. If Schneider is healthy enough to play I'd put him back between the pipes.

About the officiating: Terrible display in both the Flyers/Sabres and the Hawks/Vancouver game. The no call on Bieksa was bad but the 2 minute call on Richards followed by Kerry Fraser's comments that "Connolly had time to get his hand up" are a perfect example of why the league is headed to ****. The players have no respect for each other and the league has no idea what rules it wants to enforce of how to enforce them. It's a total gong show out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads