• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
As promised, off out for a walk in the warm sunshine, and then tea with a friend after:

Hg5fO.jpg

My eyes! My eyes!
cheers.gif

Wiker

Reaction score
As promised, off out for a walk in the warm sunshine, and then tea with a friend after

Sick shirt! Nothing that I would wear, but you seem happy
smile.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As promised, off out for a walk in the warm sunshine, and then tea with a friend after:
Hg5fO.jpg
I want this shirt. Though not a fan of the belt, jeans, or shoes here. Yesterday: Fishtown Shadfest. New hot dog and beer truck. Weather started out rainy but turned 80F and sunny in the afternoon. IMG_5240

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
^Tie and shirt look nice. I am personally not a fan of peak lapels on a SB coat, but it looks fine. I would suggest though (as it appears you are building a nice basic wardrobe) that you start with more versatile items - for example a notch lapel navy suit. I think down the road you will be happier (obviously just my opinion) and would get more use.

The second look is a disaster. COat looks dated and a little short and the tie does not work with the rest.

I knew the second would get no love on here, but ah well. Tie was the kicker? I like the jacket, but I definitely did not use it well in that picture. Better with a casual outfit, no tie etc. But I don't expect anyone here to like it. Thanks for the comments, I probably will pick up a notch lapel navy suit next.

yates

Reaction score
Having no experience in being fashionable, I decided to go to a department store, pick out some random clothing and try it on. I couldn't decide on a colour to match the grey pants, so for some reason I have brown and black in the same ensemble. The shirt fit pretty well, the pants seem a little bit baggy. The jacket size is "40". I have yet to measure myself for a jacket, found that this fit somewhat snug but not enough to be uncomfortable. I feel like I've got a waiter/penguin thing going on.
34qjn9t.jpg

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch

Da truth
worship.gif

Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon

The contrast between the shirt and the jacket is too low in the first pic, i prefer the second look.

Originally Posted by aon

Nice one.

Originally Posted by luftvier
...]

I´m not a fan of the sweater underneath the jacket, rest is casual done right.

Taken when in garden mood:

5650208360_94023e8839_z.jpg
5650204540_fbc0f7da8b_z.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy

Who are you? What has happened to Spoozy? Are you a POD Spoozy?

Mike

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Taken when in garden mood:

This is awesome, though a different square would have been nicer to my eye. Very nice shirt
biggrin.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Damn this thread is dead now with the conservative business dress thread in existence. Lame.
Is that what happened? I've been wondering why it had gotten so quiet here lately.

Right I gave it another go with camera at eye-height. Not sure if it helps?
Where were you putting the camera before, MoL? Looks way too high now. I get my better shots when the lens is just about at nipple height. (My nipples, that is.)

Maybe I've just got child bearing hips
frown.gif

laugh.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Where were you putting the camera before, MoL? Looks way too high now. I get my better shots when the lens is just about at nipple height. (My nipples, that is.)

It seems tilted down, that (any tilt actually) is what you should try to prevent.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Streetstylephotographed in Berlin, the image just reached me... must have been somewhere in February, was still quite cold:
a6c38d1491.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads