• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bespoke/MTM in Arizona??

crowned1984

Reaction score
This is definitely intriguing. Would love a local, reliable MTM suit shop at decent prices.

Do you have the capability to make a tuxedo? If so, I'd be very interested in this.

suitupshop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crowned1984
This is definitely intriguing. Would love a local, reliable MTM suit shop at decent prices.

Do you have the capability to make a tuxedo? If so, I'd be very interested in this.

A Tux is completely possible.. I was going to attend the bridal show, but could not get in. Let me know what your looking for. PM me..

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MadAboutPlaid
I am very surprised to so much representation from AZ here! Everyone I see under around 40 is wearing Affliction and everyone over 40 is wearing Tommy Bahama.
Haha - you just nailed Arizona clothing styles! There used to be some tailors in Nogales on the Mexican side of the border, but it's been 15 years since I worked down there. Phoenix Custom Tailors at 32nd Street and Thomas makes suits http://www.phoenixcustomtailors.com/ I've had alterations done there and they did a good job on those. One thing that I have noticed is that now, while I'm working in Sacramento, is that people here wear hats. I've picked up a few myself and plan to keep wearing them once I get back to Arizona. They are pretty nice in the summer when its hot.

crowned1984

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Haha - you just nailed Arizona clothing styles!

There used to be some tailors in Nogales on the Mexican side of the border, but it's been 15 years since I worked down there.

Phoenix Custom Tailors at 32nd Street and Thomas makes suits http://www.phoenixcustomtailors.com/ I've had alterations done there and they did a good job on those.

One thing that I have noticed is that now, while I'm working in Sacramento, is that people here wear hats. I've picked up a few myself and plan to keep wearing them once I get back to Arizona. They are pretty nice in the summer when its hot.

Hats are certainly underutilized in Arizona; I would like to sport something like a fedora.

stubloom

Reaction score
I've received a number of private messages asking for information on Bespoke/MTM in Arizona. Here's my list...

TRULY BESPOKE

None

QUASI-BESPOKE

Artful Tailoring (Chandler)
Zizzo Tailoring (Phoenix)

MTM UPSCALE CLOTHING STORES

Barneys (Scottsdale): Isaia, Barneys NY
Moda Georgio (Biltmore): Ravazzolo, Moda Georgio
Neiman Marcus (Scottsdale): Oxxford, Zegna, Isaia, Ricci, Armani, Behar
Nordstrom (Scottsdale): Hickey, HS&M, Abboud, Armani, Peter Millar
Polo Ralph Lauren (Biltmore): Ralph Lauren
The Clotherie (Biltmore): Zegna, Samuelson, Jack Victor, Eton, Lipson
Saks Fifth Avenue (Biltmore): Zegna, Armani

MTM PERSONAL CLOTHIERS

J Hilburn/ Vicki Kent (Phoenix/Scottsdale; will come to your home or office)
Saverio/Eddie Fischer (office in Scottsdale; will come to your home or office)
Tom James/Tim Smith (office in Phoenix; will come to your home or office)
Wardrobe Management & Design/John Cassidy (Phoenix/Scottsdale; will come to your home or office)

A COMMENT ABOUT PERSONAL CLOTHIERS

Just a quick word about Personal Clothiers: An individual with a desire to become a personal clothier, a few swatch books, a tape measure and a promise to take a course in measurement/fitting does not a personal clothier make.

Over the past 23 years, I've seen so many "personal clothiers" come and go. That's because there are almost no barriers to enter the business. And because it takes years to build long term relationships with the right factories/workrooms, to build a roster of satisfied/returning clients, and to build a sustainable business (primarily) through referrals.

If your'e looking for a personal clothier in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, I would look for someone who meets all or most of the above mentioned criteria. I would also interview ALL FOUR: Vicki Kent, Eddie Fischer, Tim Smith and John Cassidy. Ask them about their history in the business, their offerings (suits, sport coats, trousers, shirts, etc.), the fabrics that are available, the specific factories/workrooms they use, the construction techniques employed by those factories/workrooms, their price points, their turnaround time, etc. And ONLY THEN determine who best "fits" with your personality, style and budget.

On the other hand, I do wish suitupshop the very best of success. It's always good to see the range of options expanded in the sartorial backwater that is Arizona.

In this post I've tried to be as neutral as possible. I do, of course, have my personal favorites that I deal with on an almost a daily basis. If any SFers have any specific questions about any particular vendor, please PM me.

Stu

Neo1824

Reaction score
I have used Zizzo Tailoring as my alterations tailor for a number of years, they do a pretty good job at a reasonable price. Have not tried them for quasi-bespoke but have seen the bolts of cloth stacked up there.

suitupshop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stubloom
I've received a number of private messages asking for information on Bespoke/MTM in Arizona. Here's my list...

TRULY BESPOKE

None

QUASI-BESPOKE

Artful Tailoring (Chandler)
Zizzo Tailoring (Phoenix)

MTM UPSCALE CLOTHING STORES

Barneys (Scottsdale): Isaia, Barneys NY
Moda Georgio (Biltmore): Ravazzolo, Moda Georgio
Neiman Marcus (Scottsdale): Oxxford, Zegna, Isaia, Ricci, Armani, Behar
Nordstrom (Scottsdale): Hickey, HS&M, Abboud, Armani, Peter Millar
Polo Ralph Lauren (Biltmore): Ralph Lauren
The Clotherie (Biltmore): Zegna, Samuelson, Jack Victor, Eton, Lipson
Saks Fifth Avenue (Biltmore): Zegna, Armani

MTM PERSONAL CLOTHIERS

Saverio/Eddie Fischer (office in Scottsdale; will come to your home or office)
Tom James/Tim Smith (office in Phoenix; will come to your home or office)
Wardrobe Management & Design/John Cassidy (Phoenix; will come to your home or office)

A COMMENT ABOUT PERSONAL CLOTHIERS

Just a quick word about Personal Clothiers: An individual with a desire to become a personal clothier, a few swatch books, a tape measure and a promise to take a course in measurement/fitting does not a personal clothier make.

Over the past 23 years, I've seen so many "personal clothiers" come and go. That's because there are almost no barriers to enter the business. And because it takes years to build long term relationships with the right factories/workrooms, to build a roster of satisfied/returning clients, and to build a sustainable business (primarily) through referrals.

If your'e looking for a personal clothier in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, I would look for someone who meets all or most of the above mentioned criteria. I would also interview ALL THREE: Eddie Fischer, Tim Smith and John Cassidy. Ask them about their history in the business, their offerings (suits, sport coats, trousers, shirts, etc.), the fabrics that are available, the specific factories/workrooms they use, the construction techniques employed by those factories/workrooms, their price points, their turnaround time, etc. And ONLY THEN determine who best "fits" with your personality, style and budget.

On the other hand, I do wish suitupshop the very best of success. It's always good to see the range of options expanded in the sartorial backwater that is Arizona.

In this post I've tried to be as neutral as possible. I do, of course, have my personal favorites that I deal with on an almost a daily basis. If any SFers have any specific questions about any particular vendor, please PM me.

Stu

appreciate it.. I hope to make a name for myself, and not take away from anyone. I feel there is room to grow in this industry without taking away from the established company's out there.

neoscustom

Reaction score
Hi, I've been toying around with the idea of getting something better than an off-the-rack for almost a year now, and (obviously) have spent my time recently on this forum learning about the people/places I could accomplish this. Unfortunately, I'm not able to travel much, and I live in a town (Tucson) that as far as i've found, doesn't have anything of the sort.

So, my questions to you lot are:
1. Are any of you aware of any bespoke or MTM tailors based in Arizona?
2. Who are the best "traveling" bespoke/MTM tailors? The only name I ever keep coming across is WW Chan (who apparently never comes to Arizona) and Raja Fashions, but I'm assuming there's more than just the two of them...
3. are there any reputable tailors in Arizona that 1) could assist with body measurements for submitting to an online MTM ala Thick as Thieves; and 2) once I've received a product in the mail, would be a good individual to go to in order to get expert advice on making adjustments?

Lastly, I'll be going to Indianapolis for a week at the end of July, and will probably go through Chicago and Dallas...any potential places to get sorted (in 48 hrs or less) while I'm in any of those cities??

Cheers,
~Pantomyme
Hello, I just started a Bespoke Clothing Company. My company name is Neos Custom Clothing LLC out of Dallas, TX. We are still in the creation phase. My website isn't even done yet. But I thought, if you are coming through Dallas, we might as well meet. I will be more than happy to give you a personal fitting to make sure your measurements are accurate. Then we can customize your suit in over 250+ variations. I can walk you through the process via Skype. It will only take a few minutes. Then if you like what I have to offer, we can set up a meeting. Thanks and Cheers,

JC Vasquez
Skype - jvasquez69
Neos Custom Clothing LLC.
Dallas, TX 75201

rc121

Reaction score

Hello, I just started a Bespoke Clothing Company. My company name is Neos Custom Clothing LLC out of Dallas, TX. We are still in the creation phase. My website isn't even done yet. But I thought, if you are coming through Dallas, we might as well meet. I will be more than happy to give you a personal fitting to make sure your measurements are accurate. Then we can customize your suit in over 250+ variations. I can walk you through the process via Skype. It will only take a few minutes. Then if you like what I have to offer, we can set up a meeting. Thanks and Cheers,

JC Vasquez
Skype - jvasquez69
Neos Custom Clothing LLC.
Dallas, TX 75201
I think you're about three years too late on his Dallas trip...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads