• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
hmmm i understand your dilemma and wanting to keep the price low just my .02, but the reason i love your rivet chinos is obviously the fit but also the small differentiating details, including that seam tape. having that shown when the chinos are cuffed are great and would be perfect when cuffing the shorts. obviously if keeping the tape raises the price substantially then you gotta do what you gotta do
Thanks guys - always love the feedback on here! Well, I'm definitely open to it - and if the price differential is small, then we can easily do it. But, given the 9.5" inseam, would you be interested in cuffing them?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh i didnt know the inseam length ... hmm i suppose not.

anything around 9 or 8.5 like my EG fatigue shorts i dont cuff. if it was 10 maybe. at least it gives people the choice of wearing as is or cuffing

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
whoa, purple shirt-splosion in the gitman bros. section.

Thanks for the heads up. Was looking out for the Ashland shirts, and had no idea they were made by Gitman Bros. Jumped on the blue grey oxford, it looks really really nice.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
oh i didnt know the inseam length ... hmm i suppose not.

anything around 9 or 8.5 like my EG fatigue shorts i dont cuff. if it was 10 maybe. at least it gives people the choice of wearing as is or cuffing

No, it's a good call all around. I love the seam taping, and hopefully we can swing it. Even if you don't cuff, it's a nice detail to have on the inside. I'll see what we can do
smile.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, Some of you may have seen these yesterday, but we got our big delivery of Ashland by Epaulet shirts in! These are made exclusively for us by Gitman Brothers in Pennsylvania. I've been a long-standing fan of Gitman's single-needle tailoring. Back in the day I used to buy their product for Saks Fifth Avenue. Gitman has access to incredible European fabrics and we started this capsule collection to cut some of these excellent cloths into a polished, slim fit piece for our customers. The overall fit is a slightly tweaked variant of the Gitman Vintage cut - with the most notable change being light darts in the lower back. All of the shirts have genuine mother-of-pearl buttons. Gitman sizing and scaling runs differently than Epaulet shirting. If you already own a Gitman Vintage piece, you can expect the fit to be very similar overall. If you're new to Gitman, try matching up the measurements to see if the fit will work for you, and feel free to PM me if you need any sizing advice.
5638322145_3717c4f03b_m.jpg
Ashland for Epaulet Purple/Navy Tattersall Point Collar: $165
5638899952_fc956f6aa2_m.jpg
Ashland for Epaulet Duo-Tone Gingham Point Collar: $165
5638901710_cc86f3d48e_m.jpg
Ashland for Epaulet Honey Tattersall Buttondown Collar: $165
5638896024_6ea374acb8_m.jpg
Ashland for Epaulet Grape Plaid Buttondown Collar: $165 And, I promised you guys an OCBD....
5638903414_f03dbb06d4_m.jpg
Ashland for Epaulet Blue Oxford Cloth Buttondown Collar: $165 This is one of the greatest OCBD's that I've ever seen. We pulled out all the stops with 2-ply Italian Pima Cotton and MOP buttons. It's stunning in person.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
No, it's a good call all around. I love the seam taping, and hopefully we can swing it. Even if you don't cuff, it's a nice detail to have on the inside. I'll see what we can do
smile.gif

I'm definitely for the seam taping...I almost always cuff shorts and would love the detail either way...at 9.5" I could probably swing one cuff. Very excited about these. What colors are you producing?

Kagemusha

Reaction score
Mike, have you ever contemplated doing polo shirts? With shorts on the website for about a year now, I figured this may of crossed your mind.

Thanks!

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered several items this week and capped it off a few minutes ago with the "go to hell pink walts".
smile.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kagemusha
Mike, have you ever contemplated doing polo shirts? With shorts on the website for about a year now, I figured this may of crossed your mind.

Thanks!

This is a great idea. Perhaps something with a tipped collar. Who knows? I'm sure Mike et al would come up with some great designs.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
This is a great idea. Perhaps something with a tipped collar. Who knows? I'm sure Mike et al would come up with some great designs.

Agreed

bakatora

Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
i saw those on the site two days ago but the purple plaid was already sold out in Large.
angry.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads