• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit
Nice cop! I want that coat.

I want to echo El Duderino. If anyone happens upon a medium (42r) please PM and I will similarly pay proxy and shipping. Cheers.

Actually, with RRL their medium is 40R, Small = 38R, etc. And their jackets are cut a little loose.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
el duderino is right, also this jacket is quite big. mine is an L and it is a big L. If you want to put it over another jacket or something it's probably good, you see what i'm saying?

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
about to throw these in the MP. 32x32
f1823531.jpg
9404d51e.jpg
1d420b0f.jpg
388980a6.jpg
32x30
346ca142.jpg
0caf1a00.jpg
41e75288.jpg

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
el duderino is right, also this jacket is quite big. mine is an L and it is a big L. If you want to put it over another jacket or something it's probably good, you see what i'm saying?
Hmm, Typically I can get away with medium in RRL. Maybe it is the bizarre logic that a RRL medium is 40R, but then many of their coats are larger or looser cut. I guess the best measure would be to figure out what this particular jacket measures out to in L and downsize accordingly. Although determining measurements for may be difficult, may desire to cop remains undiminished
wink.gif

Opermann

Reaction score

You're killing me... Sounds like it would fit me perfectly. I'm kind of between a L & XL so the sizing differences of this brand drive me a little crazy. Amazing coat btw. What kind of cotton is it? Is it waxed?

srgprod

Reaction score
deeznuts did they have those green Low Straights in 33 or 34? If so, could you please p/up a pair for me? I'll pay a proxy fee and shipping.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rubberized canvas. like a mack. it's awesome.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RKD, i feel you. i am definitely looking out for smaller sizes. do you want shirts or mostly other stuff?

im really open to anything. its hard to get any RRL unless you pay retail and even then sizes XS tend to go first.

but yeah if you come across anything let me know. and evne if i dont want it, they will sell fast in B&S/ebay

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srgprod
deeznuts did they have those green Low Straights in 33 or 34? If so, could you please p/up a pair for me? I'll pay a proxy fee and shipping.

does it matter which length? i believe they had a 34 x 30.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fit on them are great! i kept a pair for myself, just have to get them tailored a bit (too long).

hey guys another newbie question... for the thread i posted in the MP, someone asked for measurements. can someone please give me a list of measurements i should take and post?

much appreciated.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
the fit on them are great! i kept a pair for myself, just have to get them tailored a bit (too long).

hey guys another newbie question... for the thread i posted in the MP, someone asked for measurements. can someone please give me a list of measurements i should take and post?

much appreciated.

lots of different methods but these are two good guides. the problem is no one accounts for stretch/pulling, etc.

Pants/Jeans Measured According to BiG
Shirts/Tops Measured According to Context

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RKD, i feel you. i am definitely looking out for smaller sizes. do you want shirts or mostly other stuff?

+1 for the smaller size
teacha.gif

srgprod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
does it matter which length? i believe they had a 34 x 30.
That's perfect! If it isn't too much trouble, pls pickit up for me... Much obliged.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads