• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Fabrics and sales

doublemazaa

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a BB 1818 fitz for my July wedding and then for general use after that. I have a crap suit I bought 10+ years ago and only wear suits on occassion. (weddings, funerals, etc)

The fitzgerald comes in a few fabrics.. standard fabric in grey/black/navy/navy stripe/grey stripe and then they have the saxxon herringbone in blue, navy stripe, grey, etc.

For a one suit kind of guy, how should I pick the color? And can anyone comment on the quality of the standard fabrics vs the slightly higher priced saxxon stuff?

Also, are there any BB sales coming up?

Thanks,
John

ohdannyboy

Reaction score
chenz - is there a mailing list or something i could sign up to find out about a F&F event? i'm seriously considering a BB suit as well and any cost savings is good cost savings, haha

Zach

Reaction score
I have a standard charcoal suit from the 1818 line as well as the navy Saxxon wool version.

The Saxxon wool is done in a subtle herringbone pattern and the fabric is very soft, probably a bit nicer than the standard wool.

In my mind, a standard navy suit without any additional details (pick stitching or something) is a bit boring, and I think the herringbone pattetn helps quite a bit in that regard. On the other hand, I thought it was a bit too much on the grey colored suits.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
There should be a F&F event coming up.

I think it's like the 5th or something...

Grenadier

Reaction score
I have the Fitzgerald in the Saxxon navy herringbone. It is a wonderful fabric with which you cannot go wrong.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in several weeks it'll be BB friends and family which is usually 20% off. They usually run the 2/1600$ promo for f&f which is great,

your basic fabric for the 1818 line is a super 110's estrato they price those at $898 the saxxon they price at 1098$, and aren't measured on the super system, but it's a much nicer fabric.

If you get 2, and get the 1098 fabrics if you like the pattern and color, they price the saxxons and the mid range loro piana fabrics at this price you can get 2 for $1600 then 20% off that price or 2/$1280 or 640 a piece vs it's original 1098.

semi annual and clearance is in june+(clearance goes on for like 3 months for most stores) the suits will be a little cheaper, but I reccomend not waiting till the last minute for your wedding

Grenadier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by divitius
I have this one too- it's very luxurious. Do you find though that it picks up and holds onto lint like crazy? Or maybe I just have a dust problem...

I don't have that problem, but I use a clothes brush.

Mr. K.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on Brooks Brothers. Does the sale typically include MTM or only what is in stock?

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. K.
Thanks for the info on Brooks Brothers. Does the sale typically include MTM or only what is in stock?

I think MTM is excluded. As a matter of fact, they are having an MTM event now.

Mr. K.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
I think MTM is excluded. As a matter of fact, they are having an MTM event now.

I appreciate the info. I'll look into it.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
BB sales suck. The best deals are combining the everyday brooksbuys + corp card + mastercard on a 25% off Corp weekend.
or by using a gift card. Can usually find them here for about 80-85% of the card's value

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads