• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, and thanks to everyone else who provided measurements too. I thought the only colors available for the Japanese selvedges were blue, white, pink and blue university stripe? What other colorways are there?

Originally Posted by JasonV
Here's measurement for a selvedge shirt I already had, it's red/white striped with white collar and made in China type rather than Sri Lanka. I'll post the other shirt's measurements when I get it next week hopefully.

P2P - 22 inches
Sleeve from seam to end of cuff - 27 inches
Across front 9 inches below pit - 21.5 inches
Across shoulders from top sleeve seams - 18.5 inches
Length from bottom of collar to back hem - 31 inches

JasonV

Reaction score
Has anyone got or tried the mint green short sleeve sweatshirt that I think was in Key West collection? Measurements on ebay look a bit on the big side, chest on medium is 22.5 inches across and on large 24 inches across.

I'm usually a large in RRL and thinking of sizing down?

osadolor619

Reaction score
Yo, the red oxbloods are on eBay in size 31 if anyone wants to jump on them!

Opermann

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be digging up a 20% off coupon and heading to the Aurora outlet... Nice stuff!

Edit: Do RRL shipments generally head to outlets around the same time? I suppose I should call first.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by Wrentham Outlet tonight. They had a good amount of RRL there. Lighthouse and Outlaw collection shirts, some cords, some limited edition pants, a really cool military poncho style coat that was limited to 20 that i almost picked up.

Dodo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Can someone give me the arm sleeve opening (from shoulder seam to the armpit) on a large RRL shirt please? My chest measures 40" and most of my best fitting shirts measure 21" p2p. I saw it was said that I would be a large in RRL (where it seems the p2p ranges from 22" to 23") so I'm trying to see how high the armholes are. Thanks.
My chest is 40" too, I would like to know if size medium which is 20,5 p2p in some rrl oxfords could be unwearable by me. Do you think in 100% cotton shirt it's better have at least 2" more than your chest measument?

narcissism

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opermann
Looks like I'll be digging up a 20% off coupon and heading to the Aurora outlet... Nice stuff!

Edit: Do RRL shipments generally head to outlets around the same time? I suppose I should call first.

Nothing at Aurora.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all you peeps who are finding RRL at outlets ... BUY SMALLER SIZES ie 28s and XS and post on B&S. damn *** resellers are killing me
frown.gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU
Stopped by Wrentham Outlet tonight. They had a good amount of RRL there. Lighthouse and Outlaw collection shirts, some cords, some limited edition pants, a really cool military poncho style coat that was limited to 20 that i almost picked up.
this one?
uRWDg.jpg
smile.gif
i got it.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my first RRL jeans, a straight leg in a faded light blue. I am very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the denim and the construction. I am no expert but they feel as well made and substantial as any Japanese jeans I have bought.

Just one thing, size down like crazy. I generally wear 33-34 actual waist. i got the 32 in straight leg and I wish I should have got the 31.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dodo
My chest is 40" too, I would like to know if size medium which is 20,5 p2p in some rrl oxfords could be unwearable by me. Do you think in 100% cotton shirt it's better have at least 2" more than your chest measument?

yes. My absolute minimum is 2.5 or 3" of chest clearance with buttondowns (not 100% sure of my actual chest measurement, hence the two numbers). The way the shirt will fit is also dependent upon the cut of the armholes (how high and wide) among other things, but for almost all modern shirts I've found those numbers to work well as the low range. I have a 36" or 36.5" chest, and 19.5" across from pit to pit is my tightest fitting shirt that I'm comfortable wearing (and I wear most things fairly slim fitting).

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
this one?
uRWDg.jpg
smile.gif
i got it.

Nice cop! I want that coat. I want to echo El Duderino. If anyone happens upon a medium (42r) please PM and I will similarly pay proxy and shipping. Cheers.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
all you peeps who are finding RRL at outlets ... BUY SMALLER SIZES ie 28s and XS and post on B&S. damn *** resellers are killing me
frown.gif

RKD, i feel you. i am definitely looking out for smaller sizes. do you want shirts or mostly other stuff?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads