• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need opinion on this wedding ring.

Laundry Troll

Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys think of this wedding ring. I'm getting married next summer. I want something that stands out without being garish. This is the only one I've found so far that has caught my eye.
mb4tgy.jpg

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting married. Is the ring for you or the bride?

LukeM

Reaction score
^looks like a pretty masculine ring to me.

It's great imo

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laundry Troll
Lol, me

Sorry if offended you but never seem a ring like that before for a male. So i'd pass and go for something more mainstream.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
Warm welcome to the newbie!
laugh.gif

I'm getting married early next year myself so I'd better learn quick!!!!!!
lol8[1].gif

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would rather get a good watch.

Laundry Troll

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Sorry if offended you but never seem a ring like that before for a male. So i'd pass and go for something more mainstream.

I'm trying to avoid mainstream. While I don't want it to be gaudy I want something sharp and attention-worthy.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Unless you've just won the superbowl, I'm not sure that it's appropriate IMHO. Of course I've never liked stones in men's wedding bands, so I'm not a good judge on these things. I don't think it's garish, but it seems a little "blingy" to me. If you're looking for something different but not garish, and are set on having a stone, might I recommend a black diamond?

viator

Reaction score
That ring is virtually indistinguishable from a woman's engagement ring.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laundry Troll
I'm trying to avoid mainstream. While I don't want it to be gaudy I want something sharp and attention-worthy.

Well the ring does avoid mainstream.

Laundry Troll

Reaction score
Originally Posted by viator
That ring is virtually indistinguishable from a woman's engagement ring.

I believe that only a woman of the largest proportions would choose a ring even close to this size. The engagement ring I selected for my fiance has a similarly size main rock but is infinitely more delicate in construction. However, I don't want to undermine my appearance by wearing an overly effeminate ring so I guess I'll keep looking. I do want diamonds in my ring in some capacity though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads