• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
216170_10150167611437273_570167272_6964890_2815335_n.jpg

The boots, not the cat

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I've never been overly impressed with most Japanese audio equipment, most high end American gear is far better.

where's Fran when you need him

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope that's your cat, cause if it isn't you should go buy a cat.

Best Friends Day tixxx in VA. Converge and pg. 99 on the same day? Magician you should come

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
What bizarro universe have I stepped into?
Sorry, I am speaking of mostly high end stereo equipment from boutique brands that are not mass produced-- e.g. loudspeakers that cost $20,000+ from companies like Wilson Audio, not brands like Denon which can be purchased at Best Buy. I will admit to ignorance about the category of headphones though.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Sorry, I am speaking of mostly high end stereo equipment from boutique brands that are not mass produced-- e.g. loudspeakers that cost $20,000+ from companies like Wilson Audio, not brands like Denon which can be purchased at Best Buy. I will admit to ignorance about the category of headphones though.
AF has $35k wires. he uses styrofoam cups to prop them up
laugh.gif

filcol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
+1 on these cans, and they do work quite well un-amped but still do benefit from an amp. Grados are also nice and really easy to drive, but they are love/hate- have an in your face sound and not very comfortable, imo.

I have those too, they are fine
biggrin.gif

But I prefer my HD650.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the AHD2000s as well. It's weird because I bought them on Amazon a few months ago for around $225 and now they're selling for $350. Sound quality is a little disappointing, but I don't have them amped.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
So now I got 3 headphone recs on this page.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to note that the general interest magazines like Consumer Reports recommend almost nothing but Japanese brands for home audio. But the specialty magazines that are more passionate about audio such as Stereophile or TAS recommend mostly US/Canadian/European brands. The situation is analogous to how CR never met a Japanese car they didn't love.

Also I have a difficult time believing that the very good $300 Denon AHD2000 is the "world's best" as one owner here has suggested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads