• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bespoke/MTM in Arizona??

suitupshop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grenadier
I've been thinking we should organize a Phoenix meetup. Perhaps a showcase of summer suiting?

Sounds good, I just got my Holland and Sherry Pacific Linens swatch book and some of their lightweights.... I am really excited about the new spring/summer stuff coming out.... I also have a meeting with my Dormeuil rep next wednesday....

How does Next saturday sound.... I have a really nice clubhouse at my apartment complex... Snacks and drinks on me...
cheers.gif

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MadAboutPlaid
I would be down for a get-together. Do you guys really wear summer suits, though? I love them, but in another month, it's going to be unbearable.

Can't afford one and don't need/want one. Courts have A/C. And if they don't, I'd find a new town to live in.

suitupshop

Reaction score
I would be down for a get-together. Do you guys really wear summer suits, though? I love them, but in another month, it's going to be unbearable.

once I moved out from california a few years back, and doing a complete 180 in my career... I have gotten rid of all of my suits... I kept one suit I had made in Bangkok ( A grey suit) I am about 30 lbs.. bigger now and am dying trying to find a nice fitting suit. That is the reason for my business venture.. A full made to measure service... The Holland and Sherry Linen collection as well as the Oh so cotton collection seem like they would be great suit , perfect for the AZ Heat...

... Most of the dealers and reps I deal with all swear by it.. I also am wating on swatches for a lightweight hand-spun tweed from Breanish tweeds out of scotland.. They are Tweed and feel like a lightweight fabric .. about 8 oz.. Great for a summer sport coat...

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
They don't advertise this fact on their website. Is it something you have to go in and ask for?

When I went into their store they told me they did. Their website is never updated. They actually sell ties and other things. They have some examples of their bespoke stuff in store. The tailor's name is Aladdin I believe.

He is pretty amazing at his work. He took an otherwise ill fitting suit and made it look like a million bucks. I'm not sure how competitive their pricing is to others, it feels a bit high to me, but I will not go to any other tailor in the east valley.

Grenadier

Reaction score

I live by seersucker. It helps that I'm from New Orleans.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suitupshop
I want to offer some great deals to promote my company... I also will have Thomas Mason Gold and Silver Lines for custom dress shirts and a few more...

Once your website is up and running, and I can get a good look at it, we can talk then. I'm always looking for good suitings at a great price.

dzamora

Reaction score
Definitely let us all know when you open up shop. It's always nice to deal with a local company.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
When I went into their store they told me they did. Their website is never updated. They actually sell ties and other things. They have some examples of their bespoke stuff in store. The tailor's name is Aladdin I believe.

He is pretty amazing at his work. He took an otherwise ill fitting suit and made it look like a million bucks. I'm not sure how competitive their pricing is to others, it feels a bit high to me, but I will not go to any other tailor in the east valley.

Can you explain in more detail what exactly they said? Is it made in house? Who draws the pattern? Who assembles the suit? The cutting? etc etc. Cost?

A lot of places advertise bespoke when in reality it is just MTM.

tacobender

Reaction score
+1 for stu @ Rave - He is the best dry cleaner in the valley. I take my stuff to him weekly and he never lets me down.

On to MTM - We did a MTM event on BNY suits (made by Caruso) that typically took 20% off the retail price so all in all not a bad deal.

A client told me the last brooks brothers event was lousy as there were very few fabric swatches to look thru and the delivery time quoted was 3+ months?

Modo Georgio is great for shirts, but I found the suits to be way over priced.

suitupshop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Once your website is up and running, and I can get a good look at it, we can talk then. I'm always looking for good suitings at a great price.

Great, will do.. I am waiting on a few more swatch books from Dormeuil and the Huddersfield Cloth co.. I will also have the Thomas Mason Goldline and Silverline shirting fabric and will be offering made to measure dress shirts as well... I will post as soon as my blog and facebook are fully functional....

suitupshop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dzamora
Definitely let us all know when you open up shop. It's always nice to deal with a local company.

I agree, I buy and support local business as much as possible... I am looking at a small shop in the Mill ave. shops downtown tempe... Until then I will be 100% online... but for local AZ clients I am totaly willing to meet up somewhere. I had many options when choosing a tailor to make my clothes.. I ended choosing a company here in the states.. I just was not comfortable using an overseas tailor.... I know it will cost me a little more, but knowing I will get a quality suit, and keep work stateside in a time when so many people have lost work to overseas operations... I am planning a meet and great real soon.. I will keep you posted..

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
Can you explain in more detail what exactly they said? Is it made in house? Who draws the pattern? Who assembles the suit? The cutting? etc etc. Cost?

A lot of places advertise bespoke when in reality it is just MTM.

Well I will be honest with you, I did not ask them for specifics. And actually, it looks like they did update their website (it's been like 4 years since the last update) and they sort-of explain their bespoke process here.

They also state on their homepage that they will be adding a bespoke making video soon. It seems their business has picked up quite a bit just based on the length and ETA for tailored items.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
Well I will be honest with you, I did not ask them for specifics. And actually, it looks like they did update their website (it's been like 4 years since the last update) and they sort-of explain their bespoke process here.

They also state on their homepage that they will be adding a bespoke making video soon. It seems their business has picked up quite a bit just based on the length and ETA for tailored items.

Promising!!! Wasn't there back when this thread first popped up. Thanks for the heads-up!
teacha.gif

Now... I wonder what he charges... :p

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What I still don't understand is they offer ties and such (Made in Italy but is a brand I am unfamiliar with) yet they never seem to sell their accessories online. Some of the ties are gorgeous and are offered for only $30. Think they also offer cufflinks and such.

And pretty sure they have increased their rates steadily over the past 2 years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads