• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Florsheim Imperial Shell Cordovan

huggi

Reaction score
I saw these shoes on another sites B&S forum, they look a little off to my untrained eye, can someone tell me whatsup?

z8537.JPG

z8537%20%284%29.JPG

Fanks

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off in what way? Looks like they could use some time with a nice horsehair brush, but other than that nothing jumps out at me.

huggi

Reaction score
The shoe looks kind of flat, almost sleek.....a word not oft used round gunboats

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the shape is off because he tied them tight at the top.

they are highly worn, you can see the sole shape of well ground down. It takes quite some wear to grind down the V-cleat, and these have quite some wear.

there is a cut on the left shoe at the top eyelet area

I would pay $30 for these, and not to wear. I would immediately sell for $60. they are not worth more

bigchris1313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
the shape is off because he tied them tight at the top.

+1. Bluchers don't look right when the flaps aren't roughly parallel. Both tight or loose can look right, but an angle never quite looks right.

II = OK

I I = OK

I/ = NO

huggi

Reaction score
Some of the broguing on the front of the toe vanishes into the sole, these look like they were resoled wrong

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The right shoe (left side of photo) appears to be narrower but it could be just a bad camera angle.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis
the soles are ridiculously thick and its unattractive.

You have a lot to learn about shoes. They look perfectly fine.

pgd3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by huggi
I saw these shoes on another sites B&S forum, they look a little off to my untrained eye, can someone tell me whatsup?

z8537.JPG

z8537%20%284%29.JPG

Fanks

Wide and short, tied strange while being worn flat under ball and still full thickness in non-wear areas.

Kind of looks like the wearer bought a few sizes too short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads