• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats true actually. My casual stuff is leaning towards an EG aesthetic and the blazers are ideal too.

Kill the dj made a valid point.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you selling the card case?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want more oversized suits for summer, with half of one on the way

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why are chinos out of stock everywhere in Japan
called eight stores today

Might need a Roden Gray proxy!!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out whether or not to have my RRL slim fits hemmed. Aggravating. They are narrow enough, so I know that if I wear them for a week straight, they will stack nicely. However, they are not so narrow at the hem (unlike, say, the Tripleworks slim legs, Diors, etc...) that they look great stacked from minute zero. On the plus side, because they are not that narrow, I can actually pull my socks up.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on Kolor? III = slim 48 yeah? I'm digging some of this ****.
Originally Posted by Lane
holy ****, yah ill be there for EVO too. I only play third strike, though so I'm not good at any of this years lineup. Plus, I hate all of the games they put up this year. Pretty much just going for vegas again like last.
well lets go **** **** up

DeadDJ

Reaction score
^Is Kolor the same as Kolor and Science? Keeps popping up on my Yahoo Japan searches.

Originally Posted by scott.m
Why are you selling the card case?
I'll sell if someone buys it in the next fewweeks before the jacket arrives, whenever that is. It's cool but it's slightly larger than the small card cases I normally carry. Plus since it's half metal, I can't really sit on it - not a huge deal since I'd planned on putting it in a jacket pocket most of the time. But if I find a buyer I'd sell and just grab a bifold leather card holder.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
They are narrow enough, so I know that if I wear them for a week straight, they will stack nicely. However, they are not so narrow at the hem (unlike, say, the Tripleworks slim legs, Diors, etc...) that they look great stacked from minute zero.
Wet them from the knee or shin to the hem and walk around in them in the house until they stack how you want. Leave the house if you want with a story about how you walked through a flood or some ****. Or sit in front of a fan/use a hair dryer on a cool setting. I did this with some APC's and it didn't cause any weird fades. Drying them with cool air means they won't shrink all crazy and if they're raw, will set like that pretty well.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
genius

yeah, ss01 is great, especially the wrinkled fabrics and the shapes he played with throughout the collection.

Originally Posted by DLester
I saw those pics and knew who posted them without seeing username

fistbump.gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out whether or not to have my RRL slim fits hemmed. Aggravating. They are narrow enough, so I know that if I wear them for a week straight, they will stack nicely. However, they are not so narrow at the hem (unlike, say, the Tripleworks slim legs, Diors, etc...) that they look great stacked from minute zero. On the plus side, because they are not that narrow, I can actually pull my socks up.
RRLs break in quite nicely. I was thinking about hemming my joints for a while and I eventually decided against it. I'm happy with my decision. also - terry socks are the best. everyone should have at least one pair.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Doesn't sound like you need a hem...dunno, I guess I'm usually ok with having dumb-looking stacks for a bit until the denim settles. Wouldn't they look a bit off (spreading out up the length of the lower leg instead of stacking just above the hem) regardless when they're all new and crispy? I'm pretty sure all of my raw denim has done this.

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
RRLs break in quite nicely. I was thinking about hemming my joints for a while and I eventually decided against it. I'm happy with my decision.

also - terry socks are the best. everyone should have at least one pair.

Your theory may need to be tested. Brand recommendation?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
600_600_2232_2.jpg
So, these with white vibram and electric blue strap, opinions?

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
why are chinos out of stock everywhere in Japan
called eight stores today

Might need a Roden Gray proxy!!

Use my service!

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not too crazy about leather but I figured it's time I invest in a solid leather boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads