• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This Lesser x Barbera showed up recently. It's got a nice hand.

P1010849.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Nice - you going to take the DB plunge?

With that gun club????
crazy.gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No DB
smile.gif
This is for a SB sport coat.

If I do a DB, it will be a gray or brownish gray winter flannel.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
This Lesser x Barbera showed up recently. It's got a nice hand.

P1010849.jpg

This was one of the ones offered in B&S correct? What is the weight? Around 13?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't remember the weight, but it's on the heavier side. The fabric is somehow still very soft. And, yes, from kolecho's B&S thread. I think it will make a nice sport coat. Mainly brown and gray with a little blue and green and tan. I've got a few other things in the works, so this might have to wait.

I think I've started to become a hoarder.
shog[1].gif

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am thinking to do up the LP cashmere version of 36520 as a DB. Too much?

b9e5f51d.jpg

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I can't remember the weight, but it's on the heavier side. The fabric is somehow still very soft. And, yes, from kolecho's B&S thread. I think it will make a nice sport coat. Mainly brown and gray with a little blue and green and tan. I've got a few other things in the works, so this might have to wait.

I think I've started to become a hoarder.
shog[1].gif

Join the club. This thread has such a bad influence on me.

Lightbringer

Reaction score
Am thinking to do up the LP cashmere version of 36520 as a DB. Too much?

b9e5f51d.jpg

Do it! =D

Does one just call up Isles to ask for swatches? I'm thinking of getting Moonbeam too... despite my insane relocation to Singapore this fall.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Crosspost from my thread. What would you call this fabric?

Micro houndsooth with giant check accents?

2mo6m9w.jpg

24430jo.jpg

24nmd1i.jpg

123bhpu.jpg

Navi

Reaction score
Got some Lesser 11/12, more Moonbeam, and Harissons worsted flannel. A lot of the basics covered here, will have some difficulty prioritizing. Anyone have experience with Harrisons worsted flannel, or suggestions for alternatives? I particularly like the brown PoW and the greyish brown.

b9e5f51d.jpg

Bottom left is wonderfully loud, curious as to how it would look as a full suit.

also Parker, that gun club is just lovely! You have impeccable pattern taste, I think I've loved every single one of your SC fabrics I've seen. Good job.

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
Gshen, are there any local fabric shops actually worth going to? I didn't find my explorations of Singapore that promising.

Originally Posted by gshen
Nope, none worth your time or effort..

I thought Arab Street and the surrounding areas would have a great selection of fabrics to choose from. For mens' fabrics, how about Hwa Seng Textiles in Katong Shopping Center? I've never been to shop but they seem to carry high quality fabrics.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cordwinder
I thought Arab Street and the surrounding areas would have a great selection of fabrics to choose from. For mens' fabrics, how about Hwa Seng Textiles in Katong Shopping Center? I've never been to shop but they seem to carry high quality fabrics.
Arab street is great... if you like faked or terrible suiting fabric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads