• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
LMAO! I need to see if its online anywhere yet. watching auction hunters right now.

oh man i stopped watching athat show,that Allan guy is just god damn annoying.Ton is cool though.
Storage Wars is better in my humble opinion,plus i have a thing for Jarrods wife,would love to get her alone in one of those lockers
biggrin.gif

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
yeah,you are right.there are 3 guys that always made me laugh,even just looking at them.Owen Wilson,Ben Stiller and Will,but Will has lost it for me...it seems most of his stuff lately is just shouting

His only recent movie i like is Step Brothers.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
oh man i stopped watching athat show,that Allan guy is just god damn annoying.Ton is cool though.
Storage Wars is better in my humble opinion,plus i have a thing for Jarrods wife,would love to get her alone in one of those lockers
biggrin.gif

Yea Allan is a little......edgy. Brandi is a BAD *****! What she's doing with that goof looking mf'er i don't know....

Dave Hester drives my old lady nuts....YYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heybaby.jpg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Haha, Dave Hester will forever come to mind when I hear "yeeeeauuup!"
biggrin.gif

This to both parts.
biggrin.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
26 years,5 foot 100 pounds,viet-thai mix.im a 36 year old 220 pound white guy so i must be doing something right

No offense but 220 vs 100? That sounds really weird. I see this all of the time. Sorry
satisfied.gif

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
No offense but 220 vs 100? That sounds really weird. I see this all of the time. Sorry
satisfied.gif

should he ditch the hot thin asian, for a pasty, chubby 220 lb white chick? lol

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
should he ditch the hot thin asian, for a pasty, chubby 220 lb white chick? lol

whatever floats your boat. but i see "huge" guys with "beyond tiny" girls all of the time. its like dating a teenager/middle school girl . . . *shrugs* just not my thing and sort of gross. sorry, just my opinion.

anyway. what's going on with the insurance thing, chris?

csoukoulis

Reaction score
whatever floats your boat. but i see "huge" guys with "beyond tiny" girls all of the time. its like dating a teenager/middle school girl . . . *shrugs* just not my thing and sort of gross. sorry, just my opinion.

anyway. what's going on with the insurance thing, chris?

We'll have to agree to disagree there. Im changing direction on careers. going to get back in mortgage. Have an interview with a guys company from my church soon.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need your guys advice.

Purchased a pair of dress shoes on here. Got a great deal and was happy with it. Received the shoes about 3 weeks ago but didnt have time to inspect because I was running late to get on a plane for a b-trip. Came back that following monday and my week was extremely busy. During that week I quickly looked at the shoe and told the seller thanks for the shoe but they were a little big. I asked him if he had any other ppl inquiring about the shoe because I wanted to sell it. Keep in mind before selling he was very prompt. After selling = rarely responds.

I was shining the shoes last weekend and I found there was a gash on the outerside of the shoe near the left heel. I was furious because why would a seller LIST an item that was defected and also SELL and item that was defected. I immediately told the seller why he would sell an item and if he knew of the gash. He didnt address this question. I told him he needed to contact me back to figure out a solution to this or I would contact paypal. He responded a few days later stating, "why am i overreacting? stop threatening me with paypal. this is not gentleman-like and etc." He also said he was busy because his wife was in the hospital. I immediately apologize because as we all know, family is more important and he said he had no time to check. Here's the thing though of why I think he's f*n bs with me. Look. Dont lie to me. Keep it honest and I'll be fine. This guy had the audacity to say he was busy but had time to update his current thread to sell his alden boots???? I look again and I find he posted something on "The Armoury" thread as well. If he was so f*n busy to not respond to my questions then how did he have the time to peruse through styleforum, right?

I'm THIS close to contacting paypal. What are my odds of winning? AM I the only one smelling bullshit?

Cheers

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree there. Im changing direction on careers. going to get back in mortgage. Have an interview with a guys company from my church soon.

GL with that, chris. Purchases depend on the location and I dont know a lot about texas other than ppl can only refi with texas banks only (or something like that). It's not a purchase market but more of a refi.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
GL with that, chris. Purchases depend on the location and I dont know a lot about texas other than ppl can only refi with texas banks only (or something like that). It's not a purchase market but more of a refi.

Yea Texas refis are weird. I'm from the Bay Area and worked for a wholesale mortgage company. We had to hire a person just to deal with texas refis esp. cash out refis. The housing market out here is picking up. People talk about how bad the california market is, but my dad is a realtor and made 25k last month.
confused.gif

Navi

Reaction score
satisfied.gif

There are plenty of people around 200 who are the opposite of "fat", especially if they're tall. I mean obviously most of the time it does but weight doesn't really mean much when that's all you are going by. (im not fat, just sayin) Anyways, if anyone finds any decent cashmere or cash. blend ties, let me know. I've been looking for some cheaper cashmere ones lately and it's way too difficult for my health. I've been trying ebay but every time lose out at the last 3 seconds to someone using a sniping bot... F***ers. Also report it to Paypal. Better to report it soon before he gets the money into his bank and just shuts you out completely, if you react soon enough paypal can get your money back. I think even if he withdrew it to his bank, paypal can get the bank to return it. **** that ****, shady all around.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
it. **** that ****, shady all around.

So, I'm not wrong, right? I just want to make sure I have a case before reporting it.

Navi

Reaction score
So, I'm not wrong, right? I just want to make sure I have a case before reporting it.

Well I'm not versed on the ins and outs of paypal, but from the experiences I've heard, the chances they rule in your favor are pretty good. Him being "busy" or "not seeing it" is no excuse for selling you a product that wasn't as described. Did he even give you a tracking number? If he didn't, 99% sure you'll win since he cant even prove he ever shipped it to you.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
There are plenty of people around 200 who are the opposite of "fat", especially if they're tall. I mean obviously most of the time it does but weight doesn't really mean much when that's all you are going by. (im not fat, just sayin)
This. I'm down to 205 now, but for the past year or so I was 215-218 and was definitely not fat. I wasn't skinny or super in-shape either but not fat. I'm about 6'1. According to this website, the ideal weight for me is 166-202. http://www.rush.edu/rumc/page-1108048103230.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads